End of Week 10, Are you guys pushing on rank?

by asukojo

Original Post

Re: End of Week 10, Are you guys pushing on rank?

Champion (Retired)

I'm at Silver II now.

38 games played for 5 wins. 3 wins have been completely solo and the other 2 were with an Apex god who left when our 2 win-streak ended.

Most of my teammates are Russians who hurl verbal abuse at me from the get-go. It's made me incredibly cranky. I must calm down a bit.

I have 68 kills and 28 deaths and it's getting worse as I've ranked up. But not necessarily because the opposition is better.

I'm finding that teammates are abysmal. They usually leave before the game starts or drop-hot, die then leave. I've started abandoning teammates at the first sign of hot-drop tendencies. I'm accused of playing "solo" a lot. But, from my point of view, solo is a better strategy almost all of the time since reaching Silver. I dread moving to Gold, where I know the great player blancmange is waiting for me, as I really do not enjoy being repeatedly custard-pied by teammates' absurd game play. We shall see.

For anyone wondering about trying ranked - I would say that the first 20 matches were surprisingly enjoyable, and seemed to have a remarkable level of fair play. Teammates are most sincere at this level (Bronze), and lack the ego of the incompetent and feckless silvers. I'm not out of Silver yet, though, so there's still hope of reaching civilisation before I enter the expected mind-death of Gold.

I'll send another telegram once I've crossed the border to the Land of Gold and established camp.

P.S watch out for those flyers in the cages - I think they're getting fed-up. Dragon

Message 11 of 34 (346 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Haha, I wanted to chill for a while, play TitanFall 2 again and maybe try some other games or actually take a vacation from the PC, but Apex UI pulled one on me. Didn't notice the scrollbar when quickly scanning the remaining weeklies until a few days ago, when I discovered 2 more weeks of uncompleted challenges. I'm a completionist, so now I "must" finish them, except for the L-Star one, which I will leave at 1/10 to I discourage myself from even trying to grind for it.

By the way, @ Apex UI/UX designer(s): new challenge weeks should be on top, completed ones on the bottom or deleted. If you want the new ones at the bottom, autoscroll to the new one and highlight it when a user opens the challenges section. It's common sense. UI/UX is seriously lacking love in this game:/

Message 12 of 34 (336 Views)

★★ Pro

Nah, I was going to try Ranked, but I'll stick with Bronze. The only thing I'd kind of miss is the lightning trail, but if that's going to be a new customization item then I'm sure there will be more. 

Message 13 of 34 (321 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@apostolateofDOOM"Predator should be a fire trail or something. " why? predator only means that guy plays 24/7 and with a team, it doesn't mean he's a good player

Message 14 of 34 (299 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@NaRnIaaaBecause a simple recolor doesn't fit the badges earned.

Diamond is blue (lightning) Predator is red (Fire) and it wouldn't have taken much effort to change compared to the players that put in to earn those ranks.

Not your first comment directed at me for my level. If you don't have the time or skill to acquire higher ranks that's your problem..

Poop trail for you I guess! :D

Message 15 of 34 (288 Views)

★★★ Expert

@NaRnIaaa wrote:

@apostolateofDOOM"Predator should be a fire trail or something. " why? predator only means that guy plays 24/7 and with a team, it doesn't mean he's a good player

Nah, Respawn published figures for rank distribution and only 0.2% of players are predator.

You don't get there being trash, i'm currently Plat 1 at 708RP only 12 points from Diamond, so I face a lot of Diamond players (top 2.0%) and those players are good.

You're not going to rank through Diamond into Predator without considerable skill.

Message 16 of 34 (267 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@apostolateofDOOM"Not your first comment directed at me for my level. If you don't have the time or skill to acquire higher ranks that's your problem.." not really, i was talking about the rank in general, not your rank

and about skill, i'm pretty sure i have a higher rank than you on any current solo games (hearthstone, teamfighttactics)

@Wingmannedbro"You don't get there being trash" you get there by playing a lot and with a team

Message 17 of 34 (257 Views)

★★★ Expert

@NaRnIaaa 

No, just playing team, and enough isn't enough. Even shroud and skadoodle alone with wike and dez struggled to get through platinum and into predator.

It's going to take skill. If you think silver and gold players can get predator you're not thinking straight.

Message 18 of 34 (255 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@NaRnIaaa They are not shooters and I have never played them so I guess you are...

There are many players that have a higher level, double the kills and playtime so I don't really get the point you're trying to make.
Message 19 of 34 (243 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@apostolateofDOOM"They are not shooters and I have never played them" why? is it too hard when you can't 2v1 or 3v1?

"There are many players that have a higher level, double the kills and playtime so I don't really get the point you're trying to make.", i don't get yours either, you're trying to deny that predator means playing 24/7 AND with a team?

Message 20 of 34 (212 Views)