Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: End game

by TheDarkrayne

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

End game

★ Apprentice

Do you all think that this game is god for playing more then just for a month,and get boring in time like for example mass effect.Because it looks great but then again its just that and nothing more? Or this game will be new best thing that we all love and deserve...

Message 1 of 11 (347 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

As it is right now, there's hardly any content. I think I'll be lucky to get 2 weeks out of this game, let alone a month.

Ok, it's about the gear grind.. like Diablo 3, I see people saying. Well, that's true, but Diablo 3 didn't have only 1 map and 3 short dungeons, this game does.

Content for endgame is shockingly low. It's so low that it makes Vanilla Destiny 1 look like it had a lot of content.

So, OP, if you're considering getting Premier.. do it. The gameplay is fun but there isn't enough content to justify a full purchase in my opinion. Better to play the new shiny for a bit then leave until they've added loads more content and buy the full game at a discount price.

View in thread

Message 7 of 11 (290 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

Depends,  how long did you play Diablo 3 after beating it?

Message 2 of 11 (340 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

All depends on the direction they go. Right now there is no endgame just getting more effective at farming kind of like a diablo game. They can stay that way if items are rare and fun. I suspect right now that's not the case. 

Message 3 of 11 (338 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

They released their roadmap.  This is designed to be a living world and they plan to continue to build on it.  What you see today won't be all that is planned to be in the game in a month.  It just depends on how interested you are in sticking around for what they have planned.

Message 4 of 11 (330 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Because I did pre order and spend money on that,but I don't know if I can cancel take my money back and just playe for a month with premium for 15€...

Message 5 of 11 (314 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

That’s the risk pre-ordering something. Ultimately, you have to decide. Some will like the game as it is, and grind it as the roadmap unfolds.

Others will quit before then. Hell, people are complaining about the tombs grind—I remember the paragon grind in Diablo.

You either like to grind to max potential, or you want something to drop in and out of (which is probably why BRs are so popular).

Message 6 of 11 (306 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

As it is right now, there's hardly any content. I think I'll be lucky to get 2 weeks out of this game, let alone a month.

Ok, it's about the gear grind.. like Diablo 3, I see people saying. Well, that's true, but Diablo 3 didn't have only 1 map and 3 short dungeons, this game does.

Content for endgame is shockingly low. It's so low that it makes Vanilla Destiny 1 look like it had a lot of content.

So, OP, if you're considering getting Premier.. do it. The gameplay is fun but there isn't enough content to justify a full purchase in my opinion. Better to play the new shiny for a bit then leave until they've added loads more content and buy the full game at a discount price.

Message 7 of 11 (291 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@TheDarkrayne 

That's really subjective.  You can pour 10 hours into the game without scratching the surface of the story, basically getting to the Tombs quest.  How many hours have you put into the game?

Echos of Reality will be the next major update and that will happen in March, which will add more content.  So you pay for premier in Feb and Mar, you're at half the price of the game.  

If you like the game, and enjoy the game, then purchase the game.  If you ONLY want the main story or the initial story content then Premiere is the best option.  If you care at all about the content post launch than month to month is a waste of money.

Message 8 of 11 (274 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

@chaos777c wrote:

@TheDarkrayne 

That's really subjective.  You can pour 10 hours into the game without scratching the surface of the story, basically getting to the Tombs quest.  How many hours have you put into the game?

Echos of Reality will be the next major update and that will happen in March, which will add more content.  So you pay for premier in Feb and Mar, you're at half the price of the game.  

If you like the game, and enjoy the game, then purchase the game.  If you ONLY want the main story or the initial story content then Premiere is the best option.  If you care at all about the content post launch than month to month is a waste of money.

I'm suggesting getting premier for 1 month, then cancel it.. and come back to the game when it's more fleshed out.

That's most likely what I'll be doing. There just isn't enough to do once you've finished the story other than grind a tiny amount of content.

Message 9 of 11 (270 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
I'm 3 days in and bored already. Completed the main story, hit max level, can't figure out how to unlock or use the pilot skills system (even if I did there is not much content there), the contracts you get at "endgame" are rehashed samey and as boring as the side quests. The difficulty levels don't yield higher ilvl loot like they should, instead the higher the difficulty the higher chance for Masterwork+.
Endgame is not really there yet, we'll see with the raid...however I likely won't be there for it. There is a reason why they are waiting a month (not sure on this) to release the raid...People like myself would have to resub to Origin Premier to play it or buy the game...no thanks. Not enough content at the moment and that is beside the horrible imbalance between classes, weapons, masterwork traits, etc, this game is half baked at best...
Message 10 of 11 (223 Views)
Twitter Stream