Re: Empty lobbies ? chinese bot and hacker only in game ? please some 1 help

by PhazurR

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice
@Handpiece1 I assume @EA_David has seen this and is looking into it but since it's only like maybe, 5% of the playerbase who's been hit by this, it's not really a priority compared to the dc-crash thing going on right now.
Message 41 of 158 (1,248 Views)

★★★★ Novice

it takes literally 10 seconds to post a response as to whats going on

Message 42 of 158 (1,229 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Handpiece1 I agree..
Message 43 of 158 (1,219 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_David  Here's 3 other threads I readily found about the same issue. I'm sure if I did some real digging I would find many more. If someone can please just send us an update in the thread as to whats going on.

Support has confirmed my account is not flagged for any misuse, no bans, no foul-play, or even any verbal harassment complaints or anything of that sort. So If you could please help us at least understand whats going on or provide us with some hope that we can get this issue resolved? I've put nearly 600 Hours into my main account as of now and its unplayable.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Matchmaking-forever-or-matching-with-3-4-Chinese-players/m-p/7...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Getting-into-games-with-only-2-4-people-championship-in-30/m-p...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Getting-into-games-with-only-2-4-people/td-p/8001662

King Regards,

-PotatOHHHH_TTV

Message 44 of 158 (1,196 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Have you guys seen this post? https://old.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/cciyx6/712_respawn_checkin/ I think this lies at the heart of the issue we're all having - 'Matchmaking that matches detected cheaters and spammers together.' We need this looking in to, obviously plenty of innocent players are getting lumped in with these disgraceful elements of our community, and this is wrong.

Message 45 of 158 (1,124 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Looks like respawn is blacklisting spammers and cheaters.  Cheaters include using hacks or piggy backing to get higher level or rank.

Either EA has no idea about it or they’ve been told not to inform the public at this time.

My buddy said respawn was doing this in Titanfall 2.

Either way, here is the link my buddy sent me on what respawn is adding to apex.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/07/14/apex-legends-cheaters-matchmaking/

Message 46 of 158 (1,127 Views)

★ Apprentice
@chicagoFPS youd think if its a new system they are implementing they would have a support team on it for issues like this. Or at least work on a fix for it.
Message 47 of 158 (1,119 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Like I said, either EA has no idea or they’ve been instructed not to inform the public at this time. 

Message 48 of 158 (1,113 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

"Investigating how people party up for matches. Even if you are not specifically using a cheat, partying up with cheaters is still cheating."
Clearly a lot of innocent people has been hit by this including me. Can we please get a response in this thread by someone from EA or Respawn? 

Message 49 of 158 (1,099 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey guys :eahigh_file:

I read that dev-blog too and now I finally understand what's going on. So the system that they currently have in place is very flawed and could potentially screw over an insane amount of innocent players. Before explaining my case and how I got screwed, I want to distance myself from people who actually queue up with cheaters to reach a higher rank.

This was my story when I first encountered the problem: ‘’The weirdest thing just happened to me. I accepted a random friend request as I was thinking that I probably met the guy before. I do this occasionally because I'm always looking for people to play with. I'm always willing to meet new players. We started chatting and he seemed like a nice guy. We decided to go and play some games. This is where the shady stuff happens. We were queuing but the game wouldn't find any players. No matter what we tried it didn't put is in a match until eventually it threw us in a match with only one other squad. I was confused and I told the other guys that where was only one other squad. They were like ''oh well that's a server issue that has happened to me before''. I didn't think much of it, we finished the match and we tried another one. Again we were put against only one other squad. I started looking on reddit and twitter to see if there might be any server issues, but there weren't any issues. Right before I met these guys I was playing for hours and hours without any of these issues, so I quickly figured it must have had something to do with them. Then I asked the guys if they were cheating or doing something to the game that might cause the thing that was happening. He replied; ''it's probably me, I think I have an issue on my end'' (he said in broken English). So he quickly went offline and I haven't seen him since. The way he acted seemed like very guilty behaviour in my opinion. Now everytime I try to play I can't get into matches anymore.’’

Even with all this new knowledge I know that I’m unrightfully banned because the first match that I encountered this cheater I was unfamiliar with the fact that he was cheating. I also never won any ranked matches with this guy to piggy-back to a higher rank, you can check this in the logs. So, as players can’t see if someone’s cheating before actually playing with them, it’s not smart to ban players for queuing up for the first time with certain people. Because this would mean that cheaters could just go around adding people and screwing everyone over by going in their party and queueing up.

So in my case I got caught for queuing up with a guy that apparently is a cheater, when queuing for the first match I instantly got put into the ''cheater-matchmaking''. Not once have I played on a normal server with this guy.

EA should only ban people who are deliberately queuing up with obvious cheaters and whom are gaining rank points/wins ect. from these matches. The system that is currently in place catches innocent people by punishing them for meeting strangers. There's no way to delete and avoid a cheater after seeing he cheated for one match because you're already being punished beforehand.

Message 50 of 158 (1,073 Views)