Re: Emperor: Battle for Dune

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Emperor: Battle for Dune

★★★ Newbie

Growing up, I've played a lot of RTS games. They are most definitely my favorite genre and the one game that brings back so many memories was Emperor: Battle For Dune.

It is hard to find anything in local gaming stores (to have even 2 or more of the CDs) and i've been searching for years.

I want this game digitally.. with all these older games having digital copies, why hasn't this one been done yet? i can't find it anywhere but i want to go back and play the Harkonnen story, Atreides and Ordos (Blah)

If anyone has any information on where i could find this game please let me know. I do not plan on buying a physical copy on amazon or whatever because i just dont trust people having all 4 CDs intact and people want ridiculous money for them..

Any information would be helpful. Thanks!

Message 1 of 2 (340 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

I won't beat around the bush @Beast_Insane but the chances of us seeing a digital release of the Dune games are slim. So much so that Vladimir Harkonnen has more chance of ascending to lead all the houses that we do of seeing a re-release of the Dune games.

As I understand it, the rights to the Dune games are with Frank Herbert's son Brian (who wrote the prequel books) and he has no interest in seeing the older games released again. As such the chances of a re-release are

Animated GIF

I would love to see not just a re-release of the games but a remaster as Dune is my favourite book of all time and I have a particular soft spot for the Lynch film which is a beautiful mess of a film.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (311 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

I won't beat around the bush @Beast_Insane but the chances of us seeing a digital release of the Dune games are slim. So much so that Vladimir Harkonnen has more chance of ascending to lead all the houses that we do of seeing a re-release of the Dune games.

As I understand it, the rights to the Dune games are with Frank Herbert's son Brian (who wrote the prequel books) and he has no interest in seeing the older games released again. As such the chances of a re-release are

Animated GIF

I would love to see not just a re-release of the games but a remaster as Dune is my favourite book of all time and I have a particular soft spot for the Lynch film which is a beautiful mess of a film.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (312 Views)