Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Embers Bug is Game Breaking and needs more attention!!!!!

by OdysseyHome

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

It is absolutely a bug and it is absolutely still occurring. I was getting at least one legendary almost every freeplay session and 5 or 6 masterworks by the time I hit the loot limit, and that's not avoiding epic drops. Now I'm getting 1 masterwork and no legendaries every freeplay run.

I was getting around 3-6 item drops per freeplay world event chest. 

Now I am getting one blue, or one epic per chest and embers. This is not consistent, sometimes I will get two or three. because there are less item drops there is less of a chance to roll masterwork or legendary.

Seriously who cares about the Elysian chest items that are just vanity when you can't get any new items to actually improve your hjav.

They said the patch was supposed to increase loot and more "meaningful" loot and it turned loot into embers. 

Started the day of the patch. Tuesday and they haven't fixed the game breaking bug yet?

Message 41 of 49 (109 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I love this game and I'm not going to stop playing it and I'm not trying to hate against bioware but the priority to fix a problem should be on loot drops going from 6 drops with an ok chance to be worthwhile to 1 drop with very little chance to be worthwhile. 

This bug is the first time I've put down the game and said to myself I'll have to wait until they fix it. Since day 1. No point to play it when a chest in gm3 gives a single blue.

Message 42 of 49 (105 Views)

★★★ Guide

No freeplay are still crap. 1 purple 4 embers 3 world events in a row.

Message 43 of 49 (104 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice
Convert the ember into epic consumables then play GM3 legendary contracts / missions. This maximises chance for mw and Legendaries.

Luck really isn't essential. I'm collecting data on it and think it only effects drop chance not rarity which is tied to javelin level and the type of foe killed. Legendary foes have the biggest chance to drop MW or Legendaries, so luck is useful when farming elites n legends...

I think an issue is people being unsure when to go to GM3 from GM2. For me it was when I can equip all MW gear; and then use the 3 epic consumables. I resisted consumables hoarding for crafting blueprints but realize my mistake now after experimenting.

So embers are good but I agree you'd expect the end stronghold chests to only have MWs and legendary chance...
Message 44 of 49 (88 Views)

★★★★ Novice

None of that is the point and has nothing to do with the problem.

It's like you didn't even read the post....

I only play in gm2 and gm3. Embers are useless I have thousands and thousands of them and will never run out.

The drop rate on items significantly decreased because items that were dropping are now replaced with embers.

Elite and legendary mob farming is not the way to go, it is no where near as reliable as doing world events.

There has been no game ever that expects you to rely solely on random world drops with no better way to get items. And you are wrong about luck also.

Message 45 of 49 (74 Views)

Champion

Yesterday I got around to reading through a bunch of Cortex stuff and noticed something. In a message that Lucky Jack sends you, he says something to the effect of “you can’t control which kind of luck you get, so you just gotta roll with it, good or bad.” I may be reading too much into it, but I suspect that may be how the luck mechanic is actually supposed to work.

With little to no +luck, I seem to be getting Masterworks at a fairly steady rate. As soon as I added more +luck, I started getting surprisingly bad loot (blues, greens, and even a few whites on GM2). As you stack your luck, it gets more “extreme” so you may end up seeing a ton of whites with crappy rolls, but that may be a good sign because when it flips on the “good” side you may end up getting a god rolled Legendary. So not getting  your luck above 90 (or 190, or whatever it is) may be bad advice, because if you don’t stack luck enough to start getting trash loot, you also likely won’t stack it high enough to significantly increase the chance of getting the loot you actually want.

Not necessarily saying I agree it’s a good game mechanic (just like I don’t necessarily like RNG gearing in general), but it may be worth testing it further. Ironically, I can’t really test it, because I scrapped most of my +luck gear right before reading that letter, since I assumed the whole mechanic was bugged by that point. 

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 46 of 49 (57 Views)

Champion

Also, embers dropping from the chests makes a certain amount of sense. If previously they were meant to give you a priori useless loot specifically for the purpose of giving you embers for crafting, I’d much rather get those as embers directly.

Granted, I agree that right now there doesn’t seem to be any shortage of embers anyway, and even with MW embers I don’t think you can actually craft anything you don’t already have. But technically, having embers drop from chests is a good mechanic to have, even if it may not be the best mechanic to have active until there’s any actual use for them.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 47 of 49 (52 Views)

★★★ Guide
Don't worry....They're looking into it....and they're listening
Message 48 of 49 (48 Views)

★ Apprentice

Neither bad loot do to luck or poor balancing on the part of the Devs is the same thing as a "bug" .  That is why no one is looking into it.

Message 49 of 49 (41 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help