Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Embers Bug is Game Breaking and needs more attention!!!!!

by Banfilidh

Original Post

Embers Bug is Game Breaking and needs more attention!!!!!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Do I have to start murdering Grabbits to get attention on this bug!?!?!

Who else is still getting Embers instead of Masterwork and Legendaries from Stronghold Chests and Bosses?

Very frustrating that this has not been addressed and has not been fixed.

This is game breaking and it is not worth playing until it is fixed.

I don't care if other people can pick up items for me. 

I care if my drops turn into embers on me. It makes a lot of the time spent invalid.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Embers-Bug-is-Game-Breaking-and-cannot-play-until-fixed/m-p/77...

Message 2 of 49 (558 Views)

Embers Bug is Game Breaking and cannot play until fixed!!!!!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB @ 3200
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Stronghold
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on? All Stronghold chests and bosses
What was your chosen difficulty level? Grandmaster 2
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Ranger
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random Freelancers
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. All Stronghold chests and bosses
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
Summarize your bug Getting Embers instead of Masterwork and Legendaries from Stronghold Chests and Bosses. The patch dropped on my birthday and this bug ruined my birthday plans of playing ANthem all day! Very frustrating that this has not been addressed and has not been fixed. I keep tweeting about it and no one addresses it !?!?! Do I have to murder grabbits to get this attention!?! This is game breaking and it is not worth playing until it is fixed. This affects many players I don't care if other people can pick up items for me. I care if my drops turn into embers on me. It makes a lot of the time spent invalid.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game on a PC outside of the Bioware Test Environment and start using a PTR
What happens when the bug occurs? I get embers instead of Masterwork and Legendaries from stronghold chests and bosses
What should be happening instead? I should be getting the items I am supposed to and not embers

**This is not about Elysian Chests and this is not solved!!!!**

Who else is still getting Embers instead of Masterwork and Legendaries from Stronghold Chests and Bosses?

Very frustrating that this has not been addressed and has not been fixed.

This is game breaking and it is not worth playing until it is fixed.

I don't care if other people can pick up items for me. 

I care if my drops turn into embers on me. It makes a lot of the time spent invalid.

Message 1 of 49 (453 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I don’t believe this bug exists, sorry.

Message 3 of 49 (528 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Just because you don't have it does not invalidate the people that are affected.

Message 4 of 49 (525 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Intoxicus710 What @Banfilidh said is correct, this isn't a bug.

This loot change was intended. The pool of drops available from chests includes both item unlocks as well as crafting mats. The sever side deploy yesterday resolved the issue with end bosses not dropping the guaranteed Masterwork item. 

-EA_Cade
Message 5 of 49 (514 Views)

Re: Embers Bug is Game Breaking and cannot play until fixed!!!!!

Community Manager

This loot change was intended. The pool of drops available from chests includes both item unlocks as well as crafting mats. 

-EA_Cade
Message 6 of 49 (431 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Guaranteed masterworks were not being awarded initially, but that was fixed yesterday. This is unrelated to the embers that have been added to chests.

Message 7 of 49 (511 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Embers are dropping so that you have a pool of crafting materials to craft MWs and consumables you want, without having to spend endless hours salvaging most of the gear to get the same embers. What would be gamebreaking is if you had nothing but Legendaries dropping in GM.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 8 of 49 (506 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@EA_Cade the way you phrased that makes it sound as if a particular item could roll into embers or a legendary, which is the OPs complaint. My assumption was that the ember rolls were added to the existing loot. However, it is worth noting that I have seen chests (not stronghold chests) that pop nothing but embers.

Message 9 of 49 (498 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I’ve seen a bunch of embers drop from freeplay chests yesterday. But I also had, like, three MWs drop in GM2 in, I think, about an hour of playtime (and two more later from four runs of TM on Hard), so I’m not complaining.

Note that I was running with little to no +luck gear on me (don’t remember exactly, but 90% sure I had no luck at all, and definitely wasn’t stacking it on purpose). I feel like part of the issue is that luck is still bugged in mysterious ways, and people that are trying to stack it are getting the opposite effect.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 10 of 49 (489 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help