Elite Queue

by QazaqD

Original Post

Elite Queue

★★★★★ Apprentice

This post is not about defending Elite Queue.

People ask for content. To me, this mode is a form of new content.

You may or may not enjoy the Elite queue mode, it doesnt make it wrong.

You may suggest bettering the mode in one way or another.

I may be wrong, but I think most of the complaints are about the circle damage.
The circle is more punishing. I like it cause it forces you to play DIFFERENTLY.

That just means the playstyle has to be different from regular play.

You cant run around and take every single fight and expect to win - which is what i do in the mode we are familiar with.

You have to pick your fights better, and positioning is even more important (which in the normal mode isn't even close to being as important).

I've won on Elite queue and all those wins were played very differently from how I play in the normal mode.

Don't expect this queue to be played similarly to the normal queue.

1 misconception that I think could have been handled better is to re-name the mode.

Elite queue is thought to be about Elite players (top 5), but its not always the case.

A ranked system would be better for that.

This is a battle royale game, the last survivor wins, not the one with the most kills.

If there is anything I'd add to the elite queue, is to know where the 1st circle is prior to drop.

It would add another layer to strategy for this particular queue.

And also potentially benefit people dropping in the center, who would also potentially have to go up against more people running towards the circle.

Personally, I enjoy the normal mode more at the moment because I can run and gun more and drop 10 or more kills in a WIN.

I cant really do that in the Elite queue. Most of my wins on Elite queue have been in the single digit kill range as I cant chase every single fight.

Message 1 of 6 (398 Views)

Re: Elite Queue

★★★★ Novice

I like the Elite queue and the extra damage from the red zone but it takes at least 5-10+ mins of queue time for me to get into a game only to get killed by aim botters who qualified the normal games. I play from Sydney Australia so i guess not many people play Elite here which is why the queue time takes so long, i just play normal mode instead

Ranked queue would be a better option though

Message 2 of 6 (378 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@ummyea_TTV Damnn... Thats a pretty long queue time =s

As for aim botters, happens in either modes. Whether it happens more often in the elite queue is moot for the point I was making.
Glad to hear you liking the difference in modes - with the circle damage and forcing you to play a different style.

Ranked I believe is in the works, and would just fall for any mode that's eventually played.
Message 3 of 6 (363 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@QazaqD I enjoy normal mode as a more casual experience now, and "try hard" in the elite queue.

I agree about the different play styles and love Elite as a more tactical, competitive lobby. I do think top 5 from regular is a bit to easy to qualify for elite imo but I enjoy it non the less.

Love your suggestion about knowing where the 1st ring will be in elite. Would help to decide where to drop without being miles from where the ring will close. (I love the extra damage the ring does in elite).

Will be interesting to see how ranked plays out. I think elite may have been a bit of a "test" for the forthcoming ranked.

Message 4 of 6 (348 Views)

★ Guide

I absolutely love this mode! 

Message 5 of 6 (315 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I enjoy Apex Elite or Elite Queue whatever it's called and along with Legendary Hunt it's definitely promising for future events and challenges. I hope there's going to be more of these soon. Fingers crossed

Message 6 of 6 (307 Views)