Elite Queue relocks after Elite match concludes (twice now)

by DamnTheseVoices

Original Post

Elite Queue relocks after Elite match concludes (twice now)

★★ Apprentice

I looked everywhere for info and cant find it.  Is this a feature or a bug? 

TL:DR:  Play standard queue, place top 5 and unlock Elite.  Play Elite, conclude match, return to menu and Elite is locked again until placing top 5 in standard again.

I placed top 5 in standard and unlocked Elite, shown in my stats right side.  I play Elite finish match without leaving, everyone dead.  Return to main menu and Elite is now locked, however, still shows my top 5 count on the right which is not lost.  

I had to place top 5 again in standard queue to unlock Elite again.  Played elite a second time, and same issue after concluding another match.  Top 5 stats on right side still show increment properly, just Elite relocks after concluding an Elite match 2 times now.

So is this a bug or feature.  I assumed that once you unlock Elite it stays unlocked?  Guess not.

Message 1 of 6 (406 Views)

Re: Elite Queue relocks after Elite match concludes (twice now)

★★★ Expert

Must be a bug.

You did finish top 5 in the elite games right?

Message 2 of 6 (389 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

No,  placing top 5 in elite should have no bearing on this issue.

I cannot play more than one match of Elite without it locking me out after the game is over.  Only to continue the cycle once I unlock it again.

I get top 5 in normal mode and Unlock Elite->play a match of elite->Elite gets locked after match->Get top 5 in normal mode and Unlock Elite again->play elite->elite gets locked after match again.. etc etc

Elite should only have to be unlocked once I would assume.  For me i have to unlock elite over and over again from scratch.

Message 3 of 6 (373 Views)

Community Manager

@DamnTheseVoices Hey, this is working as intended. If you play a match of Elite and don't come top 5, you're back to standard mode. Once you have the challenge rewards, one of the main goals of Elite is to build a streak of top 5 Elite places, for bragging rights. 

There are streak protections, for example if your teammate abandons mid-match, so there are some cases where you'll be able to hop back into Elite even when don't get into the top 5. These will be shown it happens.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 6 (355 Views)

★ Pro

You don't "unlock" elite, you get a ticket for it. You use the ticket, you need to get a new one.

Message 5 of 6 (343 Views)

★★★ Expert

@DamnTheseVoices wrote:

No,  placing top 5 in elite should have no bearing on this issue.

I cannot play more than one match of Elite without it locking me out after the game is over.  Only to continue the cycle once I unlock it again.

I get top 5 in normal mode and Unlock Elite->play a match of elite->Elite gets locked after match->Get top 5 in normal mode and Unlock Elite again->play elite->elite gets locked after match again.. etc etc

Elite should only have to be unlocked once I would assume.  For me i have to unlock elite over and over again from scratch.

Yeah as @EA_David explained.

The unlock is not permanent, it's one-time only based on placement of the previous game.

You only stay in elite if you keep placing in top 5, unless one, or both of your squad mates deserted you, in that case you remain eligible for elite.

Message 6 of 6 (307 Views)