Re: Elite Queue is (kinda) sucks

by Aw3somePlayeR

Original Post

Elite Queue is (kinda) sucks

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

First of all, i like the new updates, the new music, little changes in UI, new skins look badass, good ideas.

But i've played for like 10 games, and almost all of them didn't want to fight anymore so they can be in the top 5, this is a complete change of pace from what i've been playing for the past few months, most people don't want to engage for fights anymore, i barely hear shots now (except hot zone).

Everytime i pinged an enemies, my random teammates said "Don't shoot!' or "Just run!" or even worse "Let's just wait until we reach top 5 yeah?" and when we reach the top 5 and the ring get tighter, we died instantly without knowing what the f is going on.

Hiding while you fully equipped and having enemies in front of you, is boring.

Elite Queue is supposed to be a place where you looking for a real competitive fights, if you're bad, then you don't deserve to be in the Elite Queue, at least that's what i'm getting in this whole thing.

But then i don't think Elite Queue is "Fights with the best squads" because you know what, even a newbie can be in top 5, easy.

So for now, if you still grinding for the legendary hunt, you good to go, but if you expecting fights like we used to, don't play with randoms, cause most of the time, you gonna match up with those who hides all the time, or you gonna end up dying alone.

Message 1 of 17 (831 Views)

Re: Elite Queue is a (kinda) sucks

★★ Guide

I have played 30 matches tonight.  Have not had this experience at all.  It's all the "casuals"  coming back that don't play with cheats who don't rush everyone they see. 

Message 2 of 17 (815 Views)

★★ Pro

@unferth wrote:

I have played 30 matches tonight.  Have not had this experience at all.  It's all the "casuals"  coming back that don't play with cheats who don't rush everyone they see. 

I know maybe i’m just unlucky, but rushing and cheating can be a complete different thing. I rush, i don’t cheat, i know how to push. Wiped out the entire squad with my team.

Cheating? they rush, with wallhacks, then close combat? aimbot doesn’t work that close, aim like sh*t.

Message 3 of 17 (797 Views)

Champion (Retired)

One thing I've noticed about the Elite Queue which I think is a vulnerability, is the way players can 'piggy-back'.

I had a frustrated teammate whose Respawn Timer had run out who stayed the entire match just so he could hurl abuse at me. I muted him, of course, and eventually I finished in the top 2 or 3. But the abusive teammate was still there at the end. It worries me that AFK players could potentially piggy-back for a whole match and earn entry to the Elite Queue without even playing. Thinking

Message 4 of 17 (776 Views)

★ Apprentice
Just played bunch of games and never had the problem OP is describing. Elite Queue felt just like normal one to me, people land, loot then go fight in the closest gunfight. If anything some squads were even more aggressive (probably pro players who will not hide around, or cheaters).

Also the reward is an epic skin, and considering that grinding for epics in this game is insane effort, I don't blame average players for taking it easy, whatever works for them.

The only REAL problem in Ellie Queue that I kept running into, was loading in with just two people, or by myself, which kinds sucks and I am not sure why it was so common as it seems to me that there are plenty of people there. I just don't know.
Message 5 of 17 (749 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@Aw3somePlayeR wrote:

The only REAL problem in Ellie Queue that I kept running into, was loading in with just two people, or by myself, which kinds sucks and I am not sure why it was so common as it seems to me that there are plenty of people there. I just don't know.

Maybe small server or unlucky. I played ~10 elite games yesterday and was 3-man in every single one of them (queued solo). Needed to wait a bit for the game to start though (10-20 seconds longer than normal queue with number of players ready written on start button). I played at 3-4 am at night (Europe server) - should be even smoother in the evening. I guess it could start not full if the queue takes too long?

Message 6 of 17 (694 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Been having a similar experience, it feels like players are camping more and not going in to the usual hot zones. For example the deploy ship started at thunder dome I dropped there three time's out of the three time's there was only one team.

Same for skull town from the same side of the deploy side of the map only one or two team's.

Getting full lobbies just not a lot of combat since the update. Feel's like I have to "Hunt" for the enemies {No Pun intended}, there really not coming out the wood work like they used too.

On a positive note: the Blood Hound skin is beautiful got that in a bout 45min of play time. All in all good patch, and Fun Event I wonder what we will see in season 2 ?

Message 7 of 17 (661 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Sounds like a regular match to me. Rando's are either running off on their own or calling for no engagement. Same as always 

Message 8 of 17 (651 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

It's normal for people to change their strategy/game style to reach the goal first.

Once the goals are completed, probably next week, they will go back to hot zone again.

Message 9 of 17 (586 Views)

★★★★ Guide
This is when ppl value their life more, no more recklessly push, no more hotzone trend.

You call it boring, i call it strategy, i call it Battle Royale.
Message 10 of 17 (526 Views)