Re: Elite Boss Waves (Ops) - Good Work Popcap!

by Saduhem

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert
@ippig It's actually been a while since I did Sunflower Queen in GW2, I can't remember if the way it works now is the same. Do you mean the sunspots? If you have Sunflower Queen in an elite boss wave, you can attack her for a while, then she becomes invulnerable & sunspots appear around the map that you have to destroy before you can attack her again. If you don't kill her that time either, you get a larger number of sunspots you have to get. If you get her in an ordinary boss wave, there are no sunspots at all.
Message 11 of 23 (552 Views)

★★★ Expert
@ToastedSarnie When she charges up her sun beam attack you could do critical damage to her pedical (is it the right word?).
Message 12 of 23 (545 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Kind of a sidenote but one thing I think we should celebrate is that they changed the annoying '0 damage to the garden/graveyard' so it instead has a threshold for that wave of 125 damage so you don't lose your bonus from a single weed shooting the thing randomly. 

Also so glad that ever since GW2 they cut out the 'don't take any damage' waves we had in GW1 and replaced them with the 'no knockouts' bonus wave instead. Taking 0 damage in a wave isn't impossible, but it isn't exactly common either, the slightest bit of damage in this GW bonus wave, even 1 point to anybody, cancelled the bonus!

Message 13 of 23 (541 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@ippig Aah, yes. No, that doesn't seem to happen now (that I've noticed anyway!)
Message 14 of 23 (536 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Iron_Guard8 In the Ops missions I already had those take 0 damage waves. The Player could still take damage but not the garden/ graveyard.
Message 15 of 23 (524 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@ippig  if you mean here in BfN, the 0 damage waves to the garden/graveyard have been in the game since GW1 but in both GW games, ANY damage cancelled the bonus. In BfN you'll see a counter in the upper right that shows 125/125 and counts down if it takes any damage, if it exceeds 125, you lose the bonus, so instead of any damage cancels it, you have a window to work with so it can take a little damage and still count which is nice.

In GW1, there was a special version of the bonus waves where if any player took and damage at all, you'd lose the bonus. It was removed for GW2 thankfully. I do miss the 'protect the small gardens' and 'hack the <things>' as special missions from GW1 though. 

Message 16 of 23 (518 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Iron_Guard8 Ah ok, that's the difference. I haven't played Garden Ops much to be honest.
Message 17 of 23 (474 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ippig wrote:
@Iron_Guard8Ah ok, that's the difference. I haven't played Garden Ops much to be honest.

At this rate, phase 3 of Ops seems promising!

Message 18 of 23 (448 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Message 19 of 23 (441 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I actually prefer the 5 wave duration. I get to switch sides and see bosses more often. It also helps me partition the time I have available. If it were 10 waves, sometimes I wouldn't start one for fear of having to leave in the middle of it.

Message 20 of 23 (410 Views)