Re: Elite Boss Waves (Ops) - Good Work Popcap!

by spIash_damage

Original Post

Elite Boss Waves (Ops) - Good Work Popcap!

Champion (Retired)

I've never had an Elite Boss Wave in regular Ops but have played a few in this week's Community Portal event (Rando Ops).

I LOVE these elite waves because they're essentially mini boss hunts.

I'd like to suggest an option to choose these via portal settings (be it difficulty settings or a normal/elite option).

GREAT work on this part of Ops.  This is the first improvement to Ops I've seen since GW2!

Thoughts? 🤔

Message 1 of 23 (794 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I've mentioned these as well. They are basically boss hunts but don't take as long to complete. 

I would suggest the following changes though (I've talked about these before as well):

-Adjust the difficulty: Some are easy like the Disco boss, some are very difficult (Yeti and Squash). I'd like these to both be adjusted to be closer in difficulty, and the ability to select the difficulty in the first place so we can dial them up and down (easy, normal, hard, ccrrraaazzzyyy)

-Let us decide at the start of the Ops if we want an elite boss wave or not. Perhaps a vote like when in a group and running other PvE content to decide difficulty, defaulting to normal if a consensus can't be reached.

Message 2 of 23 (781 Views)

★ Expert

I've had a bunch of these because Ops is one of my favorite things. I think they are an amazing addition to Ops. It really breaks up the monotony of the rounds and I really like getting them. That being said, I have to agree with @Iron_Guard8 that some may be too hard. Well the only one that I have yet to see beaten is the Yeti. I've seen it twice. It was insane and deeply frustrating.

Message 3 of 23 (773 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Got only Sunflower Queen and that was way too easy. 

If all spetial bosses have such sense of style, then its better than GW. 

Still, five waves too short, im just startin to warmin up and its done((( 

Message 4 of 23 (760 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Iron_Guard8 I've always loved Ops & the elite waves definitely make it more fun.
I'd really like all of the choices available at the start, but if it stayed as pot luck whether you had an elite wave or not, I'd like the chance to respawn as a different character, when you knew what you were facing. Often players are just working on characters which might be unsuitable for one of the trickier elite waves.
Message 5 of 23 (759 Views)

Champion (Retired)

This was my first time playing these even though I've read feedback.  

I didn't think they'd be that fun... good stuff.

I agree with many points made by @Iron_Guard8 and can understand the perspective now.

I agree with @delete180 that Ops needs 10 rounds...

(bring back the escape, PLEASE!)

Message 6 of 23 (745 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@delete180 Yes, Sunflower Queen is the easiest plant boss & the Gargantuar Brothers the easiest zombie boss. Spooky Squah & Yeti are probably hardest, depending on map & team.
I desperately want 10 waves again!!
Message 7 of 23 (734 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ToastedSarnie wrote:
@delete180Yes, Sunflower Queen is the easiest plant boss & the Gargantuar Brothers the easiest zombie boss. Spooky Squah & Yeti are probably hardest, depending on map & team.
I desperately want 10 waves again!!

...and escape, and escape!

😍

Message 8 of 23 (723 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@spIash_damage The amount of times I got through a tricky original Garden Warfare game of Ops, only to die in that last minute waiting to escape . . . . 😂 Love it!
Message 9 of 23 (719 Views)

★★★ Expert
@delete180 The Sunflower Queen does not have her weak spots anymore. I am confused about that.
Message 10 of 23 (706 Views)