Edited: I aM mAd

by Wobbey0

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Edited: I aM mAd

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Don't get me wrong, I love the game and wish for it to give some sort of redemption to EA, but if this hacker epidemic keeps going without any communication from the devs or EA on their take on the matter I don't want to encourage that attitude at all. 

I get hackers 1/5 games I play. 80% of general discussion threads on the forums are about the hackers people come accross. I know this is a F2P game but there has to be something respawn/EA can do something about it.

I wont buy the battlepass, neither will I buy more coins for cosmetics as I don't feel they are stressing this matter enough

Once again, love the game, but the handling of this situation if theres any handling at all is really frustrating.

What do you guys think?

*Edited to respect the forum guidelines

Message 1 of 10 (718 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How about a boycott?

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Apex Legends got up to 25 million players in the first week, sure go ahead and try to Boycott it, you won't be missed.

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (512 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

Think it sounds good in theory problem is almost not a SOUL is going to stick to their guns because people get excited about new content. So when they see it, they will buy the BP IMMEDIATELY lol. Another thing is there are tons of servers with almost no hackers at all, I play 6ish hours a day and usually come across 1 or 2 tops last night didn't even find one.

They are also banning HWID's so if hackers get caught they can never make another account on that PC well, at least the specific hardware that has the ID ban. There are ways around it and spoofers but for hardware spoofing it requires a pretty decent knowledge of programming that most people don't actually have because they just bought the hacks and didn't program them themselves. So there is a plan already in action and I've seen more posts recently about people complaining about their accounts being banned constantly (because of HWID bans) and complaining here about it, so it's working. Just know in a free game with the millions of players that exist before they can ever ban enough people to make it non-existent or super rare will take months. I mean look at games that you have to pay for and have been out for YEARS. They still have hackers in those games after years of updates and patches, it's a unsolvable issue for ANY game period. That's just the truth and curse of PC gaming overall.

Plus they've already said part of the reason it's taking forever is simply because they want things to work properly when they push the new content and not just add a crap ton of more broken features and bugs. They want to take their time to insure as much as possible is working properly including the current issues in the game such as crashes/audio glitches. So it's not that they don't have a plan of action or haven't mentioned it yet, because they HAVE it's just that these things take time, also if you boycott and people ACTUALLY followed suit the company wouldn't be making money and have no reason to update or fix anything because they have no money lol. EA wouldn't keep supporting a project that isn't bringing in the cash. Especially with a F2P model. I mean PUBg was riddled with hackers (still has tons) and you have to pay for the initial game and has been out for quite some time already and still has insane amounts of issues. This is a free game that cost nothing and only had a month and a half release time. 

Message 2 of 10 (698 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I've seen most of what you are talking about, hardware bans and all but I assume they are just not stressing the matter enough since it is so widespread...

thanks alot for your input this situation is frustrating to me and i just hope things get better in the nearby future, i know hackers cant be wiped out entirely but i think there can be lessof them
Message 3 of 10 (687 Views)

★ Guide

this is never going to happen

stop dreaming and try to be realistic, either they fix it or the game will die.

Message 4 of 10 (634 Views)

Hey @Wobbey0 

This post breaches AHQ - Rules - Guidelines.
Calling out for boycott is something that is not done and could result in action taken towards your account.

They are aware of the problems and dedicated more resources to the teams that have to solve them.

You can read there last news post: Apex Legends - Respawn Check In

Please be patient as they try there best to fix these as fast as possible.

Zeelmaekers

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 5 of 10 (622 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I thought I was the only one.... I never spend any money towards Apex from the beginning because I KNEW at some point I would encounter cheaters. Didn't expect it to be so fast and so many at once. I am SO glad I haven't spend 1 dollar on this game so far. When I feel like they deserve it. I will. But until that point has arrived. Ill keep my money deep in my pockets. 

Message 6 of 10 (579 Views)

★ Guide

They do HWID bans, what more can they do?

Message 7 of 10 (567 Views)

★★ Guide

@Tensai_Zoo wrote:

They do HWID bans, what more can they do?

dedicated servers with online admins :O

like the ole Bo1 days.

if you cheat = your out

if to high ping = your out

if to good = your out xD

Message 8 of 10 (549 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Apex Legends got up to 25 million players in the first week, sure go ahead and try to Boycott it, you won't be missed.

Message 9 of 10 (513 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@prankstar2 wrote:

That's what myspace once said. 

Message 10 of 10 (437 Views)