Re: Edit Controller Bindings!

by MotorizedKiwi

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I'm not disabled myself, but I'm generally baffled that this has been a thing since the... dun dun duuuun... NFS Payback! For Heat, through Frosty Mod Manager you could have modded in custom bindings for a controller and that helped since I went from Forza Horizon games and the control scheme I prefer using I am able to bind into other racing games yet NFS has to be special where you can't do it!

Come on devs, it's the end of the freaking 2022 yet you can't add something as simple as that into your games? I don't know whether I should laugh or cry at this... 

Message 11 of 20 (760 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thanks @EA_Illium ,

I don't have high hopes, though, but every help is greatly appreciated.

@DaAlcatraxwhile using the Frosty Mod Managar, was it necessary to remember buttons, that aren't shown like using 'X' but in the menu it says 'A', or did it actually make a proper button layout possible?

I use the Xbox elite controller - it has a little slider on it, with which I can change profiles. I did one profile to be able to drive, and another profile to be still able to click through the menus with standard buttons. It is still an inconvinience I'd rather not have. That's at least how I did it in Heat.

Message 12 of 20 (726 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Illium I actually have a request for this game but nobody gave me any answers
Message 13 of 20 (665 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Since I used custom mappings from Nexus Mods and put them into FMM (short for Frosty) that injects into the main Heat executable, it actually did swap the mappings to the custom ones, so let's say I have shift up/down normally on Y/B respectively for the games I play on the Xbox controller, and the mod has the same layout, then yes it will show like that without needing to remember it.

I would suggest visiting the FMM discord itself and ask how to do this, since the devs of the mod and other knowledgeable people are there, I'm sure they can help you.

Sadly, since Unbound just came out and it's running on the latest internal Frostbite revision, it won't work in Unbound just yet. 

And for a disclaimer, I don't promote cheating, only used FMM to improve my SP experience itself mainly and try to play with a couple of friends by ourselves in Heat.

Message 14 of 20 (648 Views)

★ Guide

This really does need to be added to the game, One of my friends is disabled and button re-mapping in games is how he can comfortably play them. More game developers really need to make this a standard practice in their games!! Anyways hopefully we will see this in a future update. 😎

Message 15 of 20 (628 Views)

★ Apprentice

Please push 'em a bit on this if you can, it's such a basic feature that they implemented for K&B and not controller and like many here, I have RSI and it physically hurts to bend my fingers to reach LB/RB. It's basically impossible to use manual for any length of time here and a full rebind feature would be much appreciated!

Message 16 of 20 (590 Views)

★ Guide

This!!! I was just about to buy the game on pc then looked this up and sure enough the same as heat and no option to change bindings. Its absolutely rediculous. The standard controls for manual are terrible. I can alter the xbox elite profile but shouldnt have to. We should be able to rebind in game and have the buttons work as displayed in game

Message 17 of 20 (557 Views)

★ Novice

you guys really need to fix it. i bought it and i only have a ps4 controller. So atm i cant play the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 18 of 20 (430 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I dont know about console, but for PC add origin into steam and load origin from steam also go into big picture mode and library then find origin and custom the controller from there I did this I remapped the controller and it work just fine.

Message 19 of 20 (411 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@DFuG-ElfVierzehn i hear a game designer said before, key blinding place a hard job for them as it have much works to be doing. and for any games with controller allowed, i think they are fine and work perfect generally. u dont need to a custom option. they use the same way as console on PC.

work saving make better performance from using controller for all gamers.
Message 20 of 20 (338 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help