[Edit - Admin.] says no plans for solo q

by HamoHitman

Original Post

Re: DARKO says no plans for solo q

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

They would have to design a new map for solo play. Balance characters also. It's unrealistic to expect a solo Battle Royal in this game. A deathmatch addition for people who want to brush up on their skills before they head into BR mode would be a more realistic approach. Even Counter Strike and OW added a death-match mode eventually.

Message 21 of 57 (393 Views)

★★ Guide

@tuscaniman wrote:

Boo hoo. A solo mode means no knockdown shields, no reviving, no respawns, and each legend would have to be completely reworked since half of them would have worthless abilities without the team. What you are saying is you want Call of Duty. If you want solos then go play another game.

So if you have a problem with no respawns in solo basically what you are admitting is that you are a bad player who cannot win without a team to help him and revive him so you clearly die a lot and dont believe you can get a victory on one life well i do so just keep practicing

Each legend would not have to be reworked that is a completely ridiculous statement they would all be fine just as they are for solos and people can play whoever they want with no problems. You are wrong again when you say "half of them would have worthless abilities without the team"

Only lifelines revive shield and mirage's passive would become worthless in solo that is only two abilities for two legends that it not half of the legends that is 1/4.  And lifeline has more than one passive so it actually counts for less than two abilities really 1.5 only. Heres a simple solution to that problem genius. Dont play them in solo then

By the way, mirage's passive is useless anyways in squads you can easily see him and everyone knows what it is so it makes no difference either way. And lifeline still has faster item use and a heal drone and care packages so i highly doubt the lack of her revive shield would lead to her not being played in solo 

They would still both be very viable in solo as would all the others requiring no rework for any characters you are very wrong about this and your argument is absurd. Just admit you are a bad player who would never win in solos and therefore you are angry and jealous and simply dont want other people to have this mode in which you would fail miserably

Message 22 of 57 (364 Views)

★★ Guide

@Shigurui-7 wrote:

They would have to design a new map for solo play. Balance characters also. It's unrealistic to expect a solo Battle Royal in this game. A deathmatch addition for people who want to brush up on their skills before they head into BR mode would be a more realistic approach. Even Counter Strike and OW added a death-match mode eventually.

I see no reason why they would have to design a new map for solos. Although the game needs more maps so that wouldnt be a bad thing but not necessary

Characters would not require balancing either they would all work just fine in solo games

Message 23 of 57 (362 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

They also said they will be adding no 'Rejoin match' option. The reasoning being it opens alot of place for abuse. In any other battle royale games, you can rejoin the game, if you crash or disconnect in the middle of it and I've yet to see anyone abusing that option. If anything its a huge QoL improvement of the game and really is a pretty simple and basic feature to have in your game.

This along with the fact they refuse to add Solo and Duo modes, something that every other battle royale has aswell, begs the question -- how competitive this game really is gonna be with the other titles in the genre, when the new game effect wears off. Right now 90% of the games with random groups are literally unplayable.

The fact that more often then not you get paired with both lvl 2 teammates, while you being lvl80+, the fact that most randoms leave the moment they get downed, many crash or disconnect in the legend select screen, or leave, because they didnt get to picked their mains, after throwing a bucket of insults towards the person who dared picked their precious wraith (in most cases). The fact that many randoms simply dont care -at all- to try and play as a team. They pick all the loot they can get their hands on at landing, not caring if their teammates have a weapon or not, they run off, die instantly and leave. Many drop solo and go tryharding, many low levels spend 5 minutes in building test firing weapons into the walls.... its redicilous.

When the answer to all this is - find friends to play with, because the game was designed for teamplay, but then they decided to impement the most redicilous matchmaking in the history of any game to date (or the lack of one thereis), when many are still plague by disconnects and crashes, yet we dont have a basic feature like 'rejoin game' option, when so many leave the moment they are downed -- then we have a serious issue.

Message 24 of 57 (361 Views)

Message 25 of 57 (353 Views)

★ Guide

@tuscaniman no legend would need a rework...octane sure as hell sounds like a lone Wolf character whenever he drops. 

But on a more serious note I don't get why ppl think the characters would need reworked...

WRAITH is a solo character

BANGALORE is primarily played as a solo. I've NEVER had a Bangalore shoot a smokescreen on me from her position if I get pinned so I can escape. They generally save it for their own escape. Her ultimate isnt great either...takes forever...missiles are way to spaced out dmg is meh...best use is as a delay tactic to prevent pushing 

GIBRALTAR is a great team character. Aoe defense and strong offense but hit boxes make him largely unplayable against team fire. 1v1 he could be a problem with that ads shield if they scale down hitboxes

CAUSTIC is very niche overall. Early game in bunker but he hurts his teammates with gas traps as well with blurred vision and slow down

LIFELINE is a solo first team second character. Her ultimate drops good items but passive healing speed applies only to her. Rez shield is nice but I've only ever played with a few ( 1/100) who would drop a heal drone on me while they have full health. 99% wait until they themselves get shot and need to heal or wait till the gun fight is over. And most of them don't even realize unless they should drop it unless they took dmg

MIRAGE is a solo character...his passive is pointless...it lasts a few seconds at which point I thirst him if I didn't already when he was "invisible" tactical was designed to show team enemy location but. most use it as a diversion when pushing or fleeing. Ultimate isn't really a team ability...used for fleeing mostly

BLOODHOUND is used mostly for his ultimate which is solo based...have had numerous games where I smoked an enemy squad expecting my bloodhound to tactical and show his team where enemies we're. But he just ran in with his ultimate and got wrecked by a r99 with digi threat...could've team fired with your tac but most bloodhounds I've played with push aggressive with ultimate and ping after they get knocked

PATHFINDER is generally played solo aside from ziplines for transport. Out of the hundreds of 100-200 Pathfinders I've played with Id say maybe 5 used the beacons...only 2 have placed ziplines to otherwise unreachable positions...most just place ziplines from skull town to market or scrap cave or places like that. 

Final point is that no one picks legends based on team composition anyway. They just pick thirst favorite character or 2nd if the fav was taken...that's why you get teams like Bangalore, mirage, Pathfinder...or wraith Pathfinder caustic...they make no sense...

Message 26 of 57 (347 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Agreed with the above. This is pretty much how it is in 90% of the games with randoms. I am pretty sure its completely different story with pre-made team, which just serves to prove even further that forced squads work only with pre-made teams. With randoms its just such a mess most of the time.

As a Lifeline main, it hurts to see randoms playing her who doesn't bother to drop you their healing drone, while you are literally sitting right next to them on 10hp. All they think about its getting a kill (which usually they don't get) They don't ress, even though lifeline ress faster and they put a shield infront while they do it. They don't pick ult accelarants and barely drop any care packages.

Never seen a wraith use their portal to help their squad escape in a bad situation, which is clearly not winnable. No, instead they tryhard, rush and die. Most randoms dont even bother to use the squad voice warning when their passive triggers. The times i've seen a pug Wraith does it i can probably count on the fingers of my one hand.

Most Bangalores I played with use their smokescreen so badly, that its mostly a boon for the enemy team most of the time, rather for their own.

Dont even start me on Caustic. Whenever i see someone pick that legend I just sigh.

Gibraltar and Pathfinder I barely play with in teams because of how broken their hitboxes are at the moment.

What @HamoHitman said is pretty much how it is in random groups. Nobody cares to compliment the other two picks with a certain character. Everyone just use their own favourites and most use their abilities, only when they themselves need it.

Squads in -every- game is made with the idea of groups playing together, as a team. Its wonderful and fun with pre-made group. Its horrible with pugs. Period. That's why other BR's have different game mode and this is why this games needs those aswell. Respawn should either implement those mods or wait and see how long people can withstand this constant frustration before they start leaving in waves.

Message 27 of 57 (337 Views)

★ Guide

Well I know it's an A-hole move but after 5 ges in a row with lvl 10s and 7s  I've started leaving right after legend select if my squad has anyone under lvl 20. I know it ruins the game but I don't care. Don't see why I should have to waste my time dropping into a game where I'll get little to no help vs full squads...coming off multiple games where I'm at 600 dmg or so and I die to see my squad mates have done 95 dmg and 0...the I go "no wonder that bloodhound was on my left with full purple shields"...

Message 28 of 57 (327 Views)

★★ Guide

@HamoHitman wrote:

@ShadoWawker Darko is the EA community manager...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Solo-Q/m-p/7666143/highlight/true#M12141

Ok thanks, hopefully they fix this soon because that is very disappointing news having only squads is hurting this game

Message 29 of 57 (326 Views)

★★ Guide

@HamoHitman wrote:

Well I know it's an A-hole move but after 5 ges in a row with lvl 10s and 7s  I've started leaving right after legend select if my squad has anyone under lvl 20. I know it ruins the game but I don't care. Don't see why I should have to waste my time dropping into a game where I'll get little to no help vs full squads...coming off multiple games where I'm at 600 dmg or so and I die to see my squad mates have done 95 dmg and 0...the I go "no wonder that bloodhound was on my left with full purple shields"...

Lol i do this too theres no point playing a game with beginners that you know you're going to lose and get no help in the process its better to just start a new game and hope the matchmaking gods throw you a bone

Message 30 of 57 (321 Views)