Re: [Edit - Admin.] says no plans for solo q

by Silz616

Original Post

Re: DARKO says no plans for solo q

★★★★★ Apprentice

@WithLoveEarL

Or, that could be said in other words - what it sounds to me is that you're not good enough to put down a squad of 3 on your own and then blame the team for YOUR OWN mistakes. If my teammates are merely meat-shields, I am good. Yesterday I put down 3 squads of 3 people in a non-stop fight on my own. One of my teammates died fighting the first squad, the other while fighting the second squad.

Alright, my 2 cents here,you tell the other guy how immature he is, but you have to bring in context as to why its fine to play team games, because you can use those guys as meatshield.

Thats not how a team game is played...

I want solo's in this game, so when I que for squads, I get people that want to play squads and not someone that thinks of me as additional hp and is not only there to get kills.

There are so many moments, you go in for a revive only to have them quit out, or for them to not even consider returning the favor when you go down after you risk a revive on them, they finish the kill, let you bleed out, so they can take your stuff.

I don't call that *, squad play, I call that *, solo teams.

If they really wanted a team game, they would have made it so you cant play squads with rando's, like Destiny's Trials, no solo que and if you feel yer good enough, have your team log out, now your solo killing pre-made teams bud.

But as long as you can que into it solo, its not a team game.

you brought up footbal, its not, those teams are PRE-MADE teams, its not like each football match fills up with randoms that que in the stadium.

Message 51 of 57 (224 Views)

★ Guide

Solo mode is needed, super easy to implement and would take nothing away from the main game (squads).

In fact, it would be beneficial for squad mode since the people that don't care about teamwork would not be forced to play with a team, ruining 2 others game in the process.

There is no real reason NOT to implement a solo mode.

Message 52 of 57 (216 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I hope Respawn stick to their vision and don't buckle and open a can of worms on a playlist that will distract from the core experience.

People play a team game but do not want to co-operate. (That's the players fault).

People play a game marketed and designed for team play. (People demand solo, just like every other game).

If people cannot understand this will effect wait times for both lobbies, and that if solos are introduced this forum will be flooded with complaints of being shot by other people in the back. How the map needs changing. How the ring time is to long for solo. The loot balance won't be right. To many players spamming *insert your OP weapon/ability/ordinance*

I don't want respawn spending time on rebalancing a solo playlist when they could be sorting out MMing in squads.

Learn to play as a team. If you can't, and other people can't then go back to the "better" games that do this oh so well, but that you don't seem to be playing.

Rant over.

Message 53 of 57 (210 Views)

Re: DARKO says no plans for solo q

★ Guide

@WithLoveEarL well those two accounts got temp banned and I am DEFINITELY not the same person *cough*...but I'm 100% sure that the poster you were talking to provided an opinion on solo Q's to which you stated " in other words...your not good enough" it is my opinion that he is good enough and shouldn't have to "enjoy the experience" if his intention is to enjoy and Excell at fair competition. Im 100% sure that this guy your talking to finds the only fun in video games is multiplayer competition. That's probably why...just a guess *cough* he has never purchased a single player game in his life except for Warframe in which he was the weekly kill leader for 4 weeks in a row. 

But again I'm 100% sure the guy your talking about...not me *cough*...only ever said he wanted solo q and brought up stats ONLY when told he wasn't good enough to play squads...I also positive his ego keeps him young and hungry instead of old and complacent 

Discussing how legends could be played is irrelevant. The only conversation is how they ARE played

Sidenote the conversation ends here...or after there is a reply to your next reply...16 yr old ego ya know...gotta have the last word

Message 54 of 57 (197 Views)

★★ Pro

@Silz616 wrote:

I hope Respawn stick to their vision and don't buckle and open a can of worms on a playlist that will distract from the core experience.

People play a team game but do not want to co-operate. (That's the players fault).

People play a game marketed and designed for team play. (People demand solo, just like every other game).

If people cannot understand this will effect wait times for both lobbies, and that if solos are introduced this forum will be flooded with complaints of being shot by other people in the back. How the map needs changing. How the ring time is to long for solo. The loot balance won't be right. To many players spamming *insert your OP weapon/ability/ordinance*

I don't want respawn spending time on rebalancing a solo playlist when they could be sorting out MMing in squads.

Learn to play as a team. If you can't, and other people can't then go back to the "better" games that do this oh so well, but that you don't seem to be playing.

Rant over.

Stop with the wait times.   there is millions playing this game.. 

I can't believe people can't wait 2 mins instead of 2 seconds...  no wonder the game is so disrespected.  That seems selfish.

Message 55 of 57 (192 Views)

★★ Guide
Overwatch is a team based game as well and they added Free 4 All Deathmatch. It didn't ruin the game in any way nor did it require any balance changes to regular play. Not all characters need to be played in every mode, as long as they're good in the main one.

The only reason I see for people to not want solos is that they're afraid they won't have anyone to play with in squads because people will get what they want and all go solo, which won't happen.

Everyone with experience in multiplayer games knows that more often than not you can't rely on random teammates. Even if you look past bad teammates you're looking straight at disconnected teammates. I've played my share of battle royale games and in none of them did I find myself being in a fight between 3-4+ squads as much as in Apex, and it often feels like you're alone as it is. Might as well give us the ability to make it so.
Message 56 of 57 (186 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Been thinking about this.

If they decide to introduce solo's as a "that's what you're getting, this game, unchanged, just as a solo format", without them having to split time balancing the 2 lobbies in different ways then I say just do it. I think some players would return back to squads anyway. It can't hurt to at least put solos as a 4 week run and see how it does.

Then I had another thought, 60 players all launching at the same time for Skulls lol. Server meltdown? I'm joking.

Message 57 of 57 (166 Views)