Re: DARKO says no plans for solo q

by IronWolf9k_YT

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

@HamoHitman Yes, you must be a special breed of the elite few human beings that are extremely competitive and incredibly successful.

Or, that could be said in other words - what it sounds to me is that you're not good enough to put down a squad of 3 on your own and then blame the team for YOUR OWN mistakes. If my teammates are merely meat-shields, I am good. Yesterday I put down 3 squads of 3 people in a non-stop fight on my own. One of my teammates died fighting the first squad, the other while fighting the second squad.

As mentioned in another post, apart from other downsides, solo option would increase queue times for all and particularly teams of 2 who need a +1 random for squad play, since most of these randoms would just play solo. I wouldn't want solo option to take developer's time away from more priority things, plus if you ask for solo, then you have to have a duo etc..

SKILL is not just a 1v1 CS 1.6 aim_map setting, or a KovaaK's Aim Trainer high score. SKILL is also outsmarting and outplaying your opponents (harder with 3 people than 1), positioning, flanking, knowing when you're in a bad spot, usage of utility etc. Plus killing a full squad is a MUCH more satisfying endeavour and it is harder, and it does require more... skill.

The only thing you've done in this forum is complain and cry about how bad everything is, literally. 

Message 31 of 57 (463 Views)

★ Guide

@WithLoveEarL yeah okay buddy...why don't you tell me how you this match is gonna go

Check out @Fortnit91132899’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/Fortnit91132899/status/1106019385808957440?s=09

I squad wiped kids all the time..the problem is you think it's just A squad wiped that's required. What's required is a squad wiped followed by a squad wiped followed by a squad wiped 

But yeah let's just say it's because I'm not "good" enough even though I'm ranked better on our respective platforms...and you stat pad and quit if you don't get wraith? But I'm the one who's not "good enough"? Okay bud

Message 32 of 57 (456 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

[Removed by CM]

Message 33 of 57 (453 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I really don't get people opposing solo mode. Their arguments hold absolutely no water at all. The game DOES NOT need to be balanced around solo mode. The characters DO NOT need to be all viable in solo mode. We do not need anything extra and specifically designed for solo mode. Just add the same things with no teams. It's that simple. Obviously it's never going to be the main mode of the game or even the most played mode (as can be seen from other BR games - solo mode has probably 1/4th of all games played), but it's an absolutely necessary addition that costs nothing and doesn't require any additional work.

If PubG had no solo mode, I would have probably got bored and abandoned it after 100-200 hours. I'm approaching 2k hours, >1k of them is in squads, but solo is what keeps it varied and interesting.

If Apex doesn't get a solo mode, then only VERY frequent content updates could keep me interested (I'm one of those types that have a hard time picking a game up again after a long break, I would usually just pick up a new game in those cases). Otherwise, my interest in it will probably fade and get overshadowed by my main games (that I already have 2-5k hours in) or something new and better.

If they want to lose the players that prefer solo play or need variety to stay entertained in the same game, so be it. But I can say for sure that such a game won't survive for long. BR games need a minimum of several million players to keep the queues going.

Message 34 of 57 (451 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Biochemikas wrote:

I really don't get people opposing solo mode. Their arguments hold absolutely no water at all. The game DOES NOT need to be balanced around solo mode. The characters DO NOT need to be all viable in solo mode. We do not need anything extra and specifically designed for solo mode. Just add the same things with no teams. It's that simple. Obviously it's never going to be the main mode of the game or even the most played mode (as can be seen from other BR games - solo mode has probably 1/4th of all games played), but it's an absolutely necessary addition that costs nothing and doesn't require any additional work.

If PubG had no solo mode, I would have probably got bored and abandoned it after 100-200 hours. I'm approaching 2k hours, >1k of them is in squads, but solo is what keeps it varied and interesting.

If Apex doesn't get a solo mode, then only VERY frequent content updates could keep me interested (I'm one of those types that have a hard time picking a game up again after a long break, I would usually just pick up a new game in those cases). Otherwise, my interest in it will probably fade and get overshadowed by my main games (that I already have 2-5k hours in) or something new and better.

im one of those that was against solo mode, but i gave it a  thought and as you say.

can´t find any reason to refuse those who wants it, it´s not like i must play it anyway Wink

the game to me is still a teamplay game and would continue to be it even with a solo mode available.

guess it´s up to Respawn to chose what actions they wanna take to keep the game attractive to a wider playerbase.

short terms: who am i to judge.

Message 35 of 57 (445 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

"I'm ranked better on our respective platforms.." --- (smh)

I don't actually care if the person has 700 kills or 5000 kills, I am making a general point that applies to all, but since you are so insecure that you have to do research on someone's profile to compare yourself, then I might as well play with your fragile ego ^^ You are ranked higher because there are 10 times less players on your platform as compared to PC. I am higher level, have more kills, and the fairest comparison of them all - I have 12.5 kills per level, you have 11.6 kills per level. But why does that matter?

The reason why you have to play squads is because that is the game. That's why you can optionally play football with a friend 1 on 1, but the world is watching a team game. If they are courteous enough to add solos in the future after the priorities are done and bugs fixed, then even I will give it a try, but it's not an important feature for the launch of Season 1 yet. 

Stop being a toxic kid. Get a girlfriend and your ego will relax a bit.

Message 36 of 57 (429 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

If they add some decent mmr matchmaking and rank system it will be ok ...the only downside is that you got to have a team of friends to enjoy the game..

Message 37 of 57 (426 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Like 1 game in 10 goes the way the developers intended with teammates that care, the 9 others are toxic people in your squad that don't want to be there.

Last encounter, One guy picks Bangalore 331 kills, I pick my secondary 877 kills Lifeline, I main Bangalore now but hey stuff happens...then the wraith with 200 kills says

OMFG NOOB TEAM and * TEAM

then he tries to kill us all by flying of the map

I mean what is this guys problem, first I thought well maybe we took his main, so I go to apextab, nope hes a wraith main and he wanted to screw us over because in his mind, we had a bad team comp...like dafuq, so me and the bangalore had a good game, killed a few squads but then got outgunned by a 3 man team...

so yeah, we could have won it, if not for this doucheguy..

So yeah, Solo & Duo really need to happen

Message 38 of 57 (418 Views)

★★ Pro

They should at least have a solo queue and premade qeue mode.   With a match maker.  Or actually just a matchmaker solves all problems.   

I'm starting to think people are attracted to BR games,  just because they are very selfish.

They want to hog loot and have no interest in playing team games at all, and want to pwn noobs.    Must be why these games are way more popular.

Message 39 of 57 (370 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@WithLoveEarL no clue why my account got banned for making a stat comparison in defense to being called "not good enough" .you play on pc. Where there are either REALLY GOOD players or REALLY BAD PLAYERS...the fact is your kill per lvl is higher than mine...by less than 1 kill per lvl yet in my "LARGER COMMUNITY" I'm ranked 10k...in your "smaller community" your ranked 17k...so I agree...I'm ranked higher in a larger player pool. 

And I'm not being toxic nor am I a kid. 29 yrs old with wife and kid and a job that pays the bills in 4hrs 3 days a week.

But I'm not being toxic by stating facts and defending myself by citing stats when YOU brought up whether or not I was good enough

Message 40 of 57 (354 Views)