Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Echoes of Reality Seasonal (3rd week in a row?)

by agentCGBSpender

Original Post

Highlighted

Echoes of Reality Seasonal (3rd week in a row?)

★★★★★ Novice

I understand the Echoes of Reality event thing was supposed to last multiple weeks. Is the system randomly selecting that to be the seasonal mission again? I thought that was what happened last week, and that surprised me. I would think the system would have a function that tells it to select a mission other than the previous week's one. But it has been 3 in a row now. I think the event lasted 7 weeks or something, so will this be the seasonal again and again until over a month from now? I don't mind the mission, it somewhat combines freeplay with a normal seasonal mission, but the minor crystal drop is next to nonexistent, even on the first few hours of it 3 weeks ago with teams looking up guides. I reinstalled the game a few months ago, so I have no idea if this has happened since the game came out. I think I stopped playing before seasonal missions were added to the game, so I have no idea how the randomization works.

Message 1 of 13 (1,130 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

I don't think it's randomly selected since Season or Skulls corresponds with Halloween. We have never had an echoes of reality run three weeks in a row since the seasonal rotations started back in February. Season of Skulls has only appeared one time before this, for one random week. The full mission has 7 events on the map instead of only the 3 we keep getting. Wouldn't be such a problem if we were getting the full thing or they released events weekly like the original run of the season. But they never addressed this even though people still play the game. Definitely seems like something was implemented incorrectly and things didn't go according to plan.

Message 2 of 13 (1,105 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

Last rotation had the other three locations which tends to point towards intentional. I was under the impression that only about half of the event was open because of how long it would likely take groups or individuals to complete it with less people playing than originally and to do so multiple times. Generally speaking to reduce the time. Maybe people were complaining about long missions??? I don't know I wasn't here, but it just seems a logical possibility. Also, they did re-release the grabbit king quest last time. I was wondering if the grabbit king quest was available again this time or if this is strictly halloween themed.

And maybe I'm just seeing things, but it seems like the first week (two weeks ago) there were much less bones and such strewn about. Have they been adding more clutter and decoration each week as well? I don't remember any bones on the ground last rotation so it seems it is part of the halloween theme.

Message 3 of 13 (1,058 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

They are killing what's left of their player base by putting out some thing that is half baked. Most of the veterans just want to farm crystals with their friends.

So, new players are not going to get a chance to play the whole Cataclysm/Season of Skulls in it's entirety, or get the chance at the armor sets from the challenge?

Message 4 of 13 (1,035 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

I have another post about getting that gold armor. I do have pretty much the best items I can get, but there is always a chance of getting something slightly better. The problem I am facing is, any weapon I get with minor crystals is one a cataclysm weapon. I bought 100 last week when I could choose to buy specifically a weapon. All 100 were cataclysm weapons, and only 5 were decent. So I'm grinding reputation through GM3 seasonal missions. I would replay the campaign, but I have a bad feeling that my first pilot will glitch and get deleted if I make a new one. 

Message 5 of 13 (1,018 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide
@ShVd0wStAlK3R Everything you get from the weapons war chests are only the 9 cataclysm weapons.
If you want other weapons, try Tomb of Artinia using Guardians' Tokens.

Replaying the campaign won't glitch anything. I recently did it and everything in my first pilot is as it should be. Pilots will have to be manually deleted.
Also, none of your weapons, gears, and components will get carried over to a new pilot. Everything else will.
Message 6 of 13 (1,008 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

@redlightarc1 I used to get normal weapons from the war chests, and occasionally cataclysm weapons. I do know about the Tombs, so I use those now. I just have a tendency of getting bugs. The last time I tried to make a new pilot, my old one was deleted. A reinstall didn't fix it, but waiting about a year to reinstall it (again) did somehow. Maybe some updates fixed it.

Message 7 of 13 (994 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

I'm sorry to say but no guns besides the 9 cataclysm weapons ever came out of warchests in the seasonal store. I suppose some kind of extraordinary bug is always possible but I've never heard of that one before or experienced it myself. Remember, you can still get the regular guns as normal loot drops but the cataclysm weapons don't occur as drops.

Message 8 of 13 (984 Views)
Highlighted

★ Pro

I had problems deleting a new Pilot account for a while but the game fixed itself, so I was able to delete the unwanted account.

Besides that the only problems I have with the game currently is the game crashes to the start screen sometimes when trying to join a game for Quickplay or even Freeplay.

Message 9 of 13 (927 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

I remember going to the store and getting normal weapons with minor crystals. And about that "extraordinary bug"... I bug EVERY game I play, so I'm not surprised I managed to do that. Also, we are now on the 4th week, so I guess it's going to 7. 

Message 10 of 13 (877 Views)
Twitter Stream