Re: Early expectations?

by GraffitiRip

Original Post

Early expectations?

The reveal was fun. I'm quite looking forward to this.

Do you have any initial likes, dislikes and/or expectations at this stage? Standard smile

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 1 of 15 (2,750 Views)

Hero

I quite liked the Titanfall games, so I have faith in Respawn. I hope it's similar to the Jedi Knight series.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 15 (2,720 Views)

Hello there!

The trailer was very cinematic and introduced the main character(s) a bit. For me, the most interesting part was the part where they showed the player wall-running.

Respawn already has that mechanic in Titanfall II and quite honestly I think it fits really well with the STAR WARS universe. Jedi are agile and for them to wall run would be amazing! Can't wait to see more gameplay footage and details about that!

Message 3 of 15 (2,702 Views)

Hero

And wall running was in Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy as well, so that's a good sign for me!

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 15 (2,688 Views)

Hero

gameplay, I want gameplay

Hi!

Неофициальный паблик Apex legends в  ВК

Reddit Apex                                          Trello Apex

Message 5 of 15 (2,680 Views)

★★★ Guide

Hello there !

I'm very excited by the trailer !! The new troopers are very beautiful ! Do you think the night sister is Bariss Offee ?

I think it's a new "the force unleashed but in better (with an open world and a better lightsaber battle mechanic, so real), I think it's the star wars game we want.

Wait and see !

Sincerely,

FireTrooper501,

PS : I'm french so sorry for my english errors.

Message 6 of 15 (2,651 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have both hopes and fears based on the trailer and various articles I've read. While gameplay mechanics haven't been revealed, it sounds like it has elements of Force Unleashed which could be awesome (Force Unleashed 1) or a waste of the full price price tag (Force Unleashed 2).

The game could fully win me over if it has an open world that rewards exploration (like Spider-Man), I'd strongly consider getting it if it's semi-open and rewards exploration, but I'd probably wait for it to be on sale if it's purely linear. All of this, of course, depending on story length. Long enough story and it will be near the top of my list.

Message 7 of 15 (2,610 Views)

★★★ Guide

One thing is sure, we need to be discreet. We must not be like The Force Unleashed, when you run on the ennemies and kill them with any discreet ! I think it's a "Assassin's creed" like for the attack... you need to be patient and to see your ennemies and after you can kill them strategically.

Sincerely,

FireTrooper501

Message 8 of 15 (2,603 Views)

★★ Apprentice

To be honest, I have zero faith in EA. YES I know that Respawn hit it out of the park with Titanfall 2, however because of EA's continued predatory practices, bait and switch and ZERO respect for its customers with only a concern for massive profit and not a good product, I do not have faith. MOST of all, I have NO desire to give EA any money. It is also clear they are going to have loot boxes to buy to "customize" your in game characters. In a single player? Man I do not care at all. Anthem is tanking "Over 50% of those players have already quit playing the game". I do not expect Apex to last as there are so many battle royals out there now and most just are not doing great.They are now introducing more content you have to pay for. That will decrease numbers. IF I buy the game, it will be much later on from a 3rd party retailer so EA gets less from me and I do not "add" to their launch profit. It's single player so who cares when you buy it? It will be the same story in a year and 50% of the bugs will be worked out and it will probably cost $10.

Message 9 of 15 (2,569 Views)

EA DICE Team

@oBadMonkeyo wrote:

It is also clear they are going to have loot boxes to buy to "customize" your in game characters. In a single player? Man I do not care at all.No, and we won't be adding any.

No, and we won't be adding any.

Message 10 of 15 (2,540 Views)