Early conclusion to S11

by damsonwhufndthis

Original Post

Early conclusion to S11

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I can definetly see some hope in this season, surprisingly.

Gameplay:

Despite still having boring games where I die to either aimbotting or controller guys, I didn't expect to get a decent game just in 3rd attempt.

It was actually a really great game, almost better than any game I've had last season.

D new map:

The new map I actually like the size of the map because it means less 3rd party with another 3 3rd parties along with that, and another one coming through.

I don't know if devs fixed anything or my PC has ascended but I never had consistant 50fps in the dropship,

maybe the new map isn't that graphics intensive as I thought it would.

(Still would rather be able to play on 1080p rather than 900p)

The turbo jump cannons, are just really good, and I think since they instead of jump towers launch you in a direction without you being able to control flight that much,

I can see such thing makes Valk's ultimate stronger.

One thing I don't like is, I've barely been anywhere so take this with a grain of salt, but all the houses have no glass? You literally can't have a one way chokepoint people can just run outside house and peek through one of the "prison barred" windows?

Ash is cool, can't say much about her, looking at her ultimate she has this sort of "assasin" style of play I suppose.

Can't wait to get sniped from someone and than get doinked by Ash that suddenly appears thx to her ulty.

CAR SMG:

Oh boy..... who thought of this?

Tell me one reason why this gun is unique besides it being able to swap ammo types and have either magazine except energy?

The gun is literally reskinned R99, change my mind.

Standing proudly next to 6 Heavy Ammo guns it's almost 7th heavy ammo weapon.

It's like we couldn't have gotten a weak fast firing sniper that requires hopup and eats a lot of ammo or something more unique.

Reskinned.... R99... That can eat Heavy and Light ammo at will (maybe a slightly different damage but that's just a better Volt SMG than)

Ground loot:

I'm not sure if Respawn/EA is oblivious or they put carrots in their eyes (don't do that) or what.

But tell me one, bloody, god, damn, didly reason.

Why, the hecc, is a Level 1 Knockdown shield, and Level 1 Helmet still doing in the ground loot?

Like why? Why are they there?

The only reason I can think of is to just clutter the ground loot

and more oppertunities to get bad RNG in ground loot.

Personal stuff: (oppinions)

I'm not thrilled by the season badge, it ain't cool.

Battle pass featuring yet again, useless trackers you already have with just a different "skin" added to them.

I like the 100 Apex Coins at level 5 that's quite humble of them.

I still have no idea what's with the treasure packs, like to me they are non existant basicaly even if they can give me crafting materials and Apex Packs, they pose no real value that I could think of.

Ranked gamemode is exclusively the new map? Excuse me? My favourite gamemode getting downgraded by a new map? (nothing against new map)

Why can't Ranked be rotating maps? Perhaps one map for 24 hours or something?

We need another THICC character.

I sincerely hope this season I can hit Plat if not it could be the end of me playing this game consistantly.

Could anyone come up with a new weapon class? Is flamethrower too much to ask for? :D

"Wait this game has a store?"

"Oh great another soundtrack and background I'm NOT gonna use"

*Queues Holo-Day Bash theme and Lost Treasures*  (sometimes Mayhem)

I honestly have an amount of hope for this game, can't quantify it though it's a little hope this game has been quite lacking for quite a while.

But definetly can always buckle up and finaly fix those final things,

cosmetic and content wise this game is pretty okay, it's the gameplay that's lacking at least for me.

Apart from the strong statements the others you should take with a grain of salt.

Thanks if you at least read this, I hear your thoughts, if you agree, try not to make it as long as my post though. (or longer)

And have a nice day brothers.

Message 1 of 9 (361 Views)

Re: Early conclusion to S11

★★ Pro

@Cheese9Manis my post too long? I thought this could be some discussion stuff right here

maybe noone cares....

Perhaps @hayhor could be amused that I made a post where it's not entirely dedicated towards ranting about randoms

Message 2 of 9 (334 Views)

It's a good post!  Have some xp. 

Message 3 of 9 (302 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@damsonwhufndthis No, it’s a great post with a lot of valid points except about the controller players 😅

Haven’t really played that much this season because of work so I can’t add more input from my 6 hours of play time so far this season.

Message 4 of 9 (291 Views)

★★ Pro

@Cheese9Man6 hours of play time? bro I played like 4 or 3 games 🤣

Message 5 of 9 (267 Views)

★★ Pro

@dSKyNafinchinu seem to be in discussion mood, what do you think about this?

Message 6 of 9 (212 Views)

Champion
@damsonwhufndthis Haha yea.. slow Friday morning at the office

For me, gameplay-wise, I'm loving the new season! I'm just an average player, so I don't really hot drop. On this new map, I seem to be getting more early-game fights, which is awesome! No matter where I drop, I tend to have 1-2 teams on me, which is perfect. I can usually handle them, especially when my buddy is playing with me. I tend to stick to duos, regardless, because it plays so much better for me. I'm enjoying the early dmg/kills, and then rotating toward mid/circle looking for more fights. I've seen pretty mixed feedback on 3rd party, but I am definitely experience less of it on this new map, so that's good for me! I also love the lighting. The other maps make me feel like I'm staring directly into the sun most of the time.

I feel like I am playing this new map more aggressively than I played WE or Olympus. It's definitely a good thing, for me. I think maybe I just got comfortable with the previous maps? Not sure, but I'm loving the new one. I haven't had wildlife ruin any matches for me yet, so I wont complain about them. I use those man-cannons as bait, Lol. They're so dang loud!!

I'm actually thinking about running Valk as my main this season, on the new map. I typically stick with Pathy, but running Valk yesterday was NICE. Having the jump-jet to navigate the terrain elevation changes was awesome, and having her ult to bypass teams holding choke points is crucial. I have only played a couple matches with Ash so far, so I don't really have any feedback there.

The CAR??? Shoooot!! I'm with you, regarding variety and whatnot. I would have preferred something other than yet another smg, but at the same time, I friggin love that thing!! I like to run heavy ammo with it, personally. I'm not sure what it is, but I can control the recoil on the CAR, sooooo much better than I can with the R-99. I hate the 99, because that's how many shots I miss, out of 100, Lmfao. I like what @Lord_Scorpion34 (I believe) suggested, about an energy ammo pistol. That sounds better than getting another smg.

I have to agree on the white knockdown, because it's virtually pointless. I'm ok with the white helmets though, because there have been a few times where I land on one, and then survive a gun battle with 1-5 hp, and I'm pretty sure the helmet kept me from dying. White backpacks need to GO!!! I seriously HATE not being able to pick up loot because I have a white bag. That's why I love it when the purple bag is in the replicator.

Battle pass is ok, in my opinion. Better than season 10, for me. I cant recall the season badge at the moment, so I cant comment there. With the trackers, it's a little annoying, but at the same time, there's only so many stats that you can track. So at some point, what else can they do with trackers, other than put little "skins" on them?

I love the treasure packs, solely because the Apex packs that you get from them, count toward the 500 for an heirloom, from what I've heard. I'm still pluggin away at my first heirloom, so any additional packs are A-OK with me! Also, I think you get a total of 1,100 Apex coins by completing the Battle Pass? It might be 1,000. I just know I only paid for it once, and have "rolled over" my coins to buy the rest of the seasons.

All in all, the season is still very young, but I am enjoying it!! I kind of lost my motivation to play a lot of Apex for seasons 9 & 10, but from the first few days, I'll likely be back to playing more during this season. Unfortunately, Jurassic World Evolution 2 comes out next Tuesday, so that will likely take away from my Apex time, and then Halo Infinite drops in December. I'm diggin season 11 so far, though!!

One thing I need to do, is read about the TF/Apex lore. I've seen some of the videos and tidbits here and there, but I'm in the dark about a lot of it, so I really need to get up to speed. I know there's a lot to unpack there.

For ranked maps, it has always been locked to one map at a time. It's a little annoying, but pretty necessary for competitive, in my opinion. It ensures a level playing field (cheaters/smurfs/SBMM/servers aside)

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 7 of 9 (201 Views)

★★ Pro

@dSKyNafinchinthe 3rd party's decrease is very appreciated, along with loot areas far from each other so you don't get constantly shot at from afar by another squad like you usually do

Apex is one of the few games I play casually, so I can't really brag about anything,

I did play ranked though, one game?

And I got blasted by some sweatlord who obviously isn't bronze, but whatever.

The game I played before I wrote this I picked caustic in pubs and was in the middle of the game kill leader with 5 kills and over 1000 damage with my Longbow Hemlock guns, quite the strong pair of guns, most of my enemies seemed to be not so good.

The new map is definetly more comfortable, the only thing I hate though is the houses are not safe, even if they are elevated so you can'T just stand outside the prison barred window, granades man, they exist. Caustic players will get hurt on this map I suppose, still I found some pretty spots for my traps outside.

And the prowlers? Just straight up annoying, I had a guy respawning me, and there was a flippin nest at the respawn beacon, so he had to shoot em like for 2 minutes straight before respawning me, and after I got down there were still couple of prowlers coming out

We than died and like a pinyata and he gave an enemy a brand new Red shield.

Ash imo is very deadly on good players, also the Valk might be a way this season, these elevations are quite boring to get past, there's quite the amount of em.

Ya, Car is easier to use R99, still questionable why it exist.

How did white helmet help you? You literally have one on you before you even touch the ground.

Honestly white backpacks is still better than no backpack which happens quite a lot to me, most of the time I'm cool but other times I just pick up way too much stuff and have 0 inventory slots.

They could give you authentic trackers with skin at least?

You know the ones with "bamboozles" "grapple distance" "amount of bullets you missed", you feel me? :D

You need to buy the battle pass to get all the coins for next battle pass, along with leveling up the battle pass ofc.

This season is like starting pretty allright, there probably will come more things  to hate but let's not forget about the good stuff.

Also hoping for the train gamemode on christmas.

I literally rock a christmas holo train on some legends just to flex. (if its even concidered flexing)

(cause I got it before season 1 I'm not sure if there are more instances where you can get it)

Yah, Apex has great chance to fill my time of the day if I get bored of my usual competetive games I play.

I'll check some lore out too but for me the lore is just too chaotic to keep up with, I'm not going to cycle through 10 social media's just to dig out a lore from a game..

Ya, but the skill in understanding each map is also pretty important than just spamming the same strats cause it's the same map over and over again...

Like Kings Canyon, the 3rd party map where shooting has 50% chance to attract quarter of the map at start and half the map if the ring shrunk a bit.

Message 8 of 9 (185 Views)

★★ Pro

bump, cuz why not

Message 9 of 9 (174 Views)