Ea customer service and live chat agents suck and dont care about us

by Jay_0071981

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Ea customer service and live chat agents suck and dont care about us

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This was by far the worst expierence I ever endured. The chat representatives do not understand the importace of customer service. They do not care about the ones who spend money on the game and buy perks. They do not care about the guys who spend countless hours on the game to get better or to even compete. Instead of assigning people in different countries jobs to help thier fellow country men with issues they send us to people who lack compassion. I work in customer service and although I get mad I’d never take that out on a customer cause my job is to make someone happy. EA sports u got to do better. The representatives I spoke with dont even know the product or the brand that they represent. I really am disturbed about this entire sitution. I really hope someone out there responds to this email that is a representative from the front lines in EA cause this is something I never want to endure. I have never been spoken to that way ever in my life and to think these people are the front line of the company...Im very disapointed. The fist chat rep left me on hold for the longest time. Then I set up a call and that guy was worse. He kept talking over me and cutting me off. Worst he refused to give me to a manager  and then the man hung the phone up on me. I tried asking for a email to email upper management but they refused and kept disconnecting the chat. So what are we supposed to do if we have an issue EA? I mean we have to get treated like we are *? I hope EA u will spend money and send someone with people skills to train the individuals and teach them the importance of customer service cause this was redicilious. All I wanted was a resolution and an answer and I got nothing at all. Take care of us little guys EA espically the ones who may need help. Im pretty sure u can open some call centers all over the world with individuals who care about helping people. Trust me it would go along way! 

[changed the all caps title] - Atic 

Message 1 of 9 (1,786 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Ea customer service and live chat agents suck and dont care about us

Community Manager

@Jay_0071981 I doubt that an adviser hung up on you, what most likely occurred was that the phone disconnected. It is not ideal and I do apologise for the frustration you are feeling but as someone who works in customer service you know that a call disconnecting is something that can occur.

Looking at your case and your issue seems to be in relation to wanting to purchase a product that is for sale on Amazon.com  but is not eligible for purchase by Canadain residents. Unfortunately, due to any number of factors ranging from geographical restrictions to taxation laws, it is not always possible for websites such as Amazon to ship items across borders. It's not ideal and I have ran into the issue in the past but this is a decision that they have made and unfortunately, if you wish to know more in relation to the reasons behind this, then you will need to speak with Amazon for clarification. 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 9 (2,128 Views)

All Replies

Re: EA CUSTOMER SERVICE AND LIVE CHAT AGENTS SUCK AND DONT CARE ABOUT US

Hello @Jay_0071981,

I am sorry to hear that you feel treated wrongfully by the customer service. There is little I can do to change how things go there (I am a player just as you).

However, in your message, you posted that you aim your message to EA Sports. This forum where you posted however is the technical issues for Star Wars Battlefront II. Please correct me if you found something troublesome in SWBF II. We would certainly like to help you.

If you got an issue with a sports game that you would like to see solved, please go to that exact game here https://answers.ea.com/t5/Answer-HQ-English/ct-p/AHQ-English and ask your question!

If there is anything else I can help with, feel free to reply to me.

/DYSPROssium

Message 2 of 9 (1,755 Views)

Community Manager

@Jay_0071981 I doubt that an adviser hung up on you, what most likely occurred was that the phone disconnected. It is not ideal and I do apologise for the frustration you are feeling but as someone who works in customer service you know that a call disconnecting is something that can occur.

Looking at your case and your issue seems to be in relation to wanting to purchase a product that is for sale on Amazon.com  but is not eligible for purchase by Canadain residents. Unfortunately, due to any number of factors ranging from geographical restrictions to taxation laws, it is not always possible for websites such as Amazon to ship items across borders. It's not ideal and I have ran into the issue in the past but this is a decision that they have made and unfortunately, if you wish to know more in relation to the reasons behind this, then you will need to speak with Amazon for clarification. 

Darko.png
Message 3 of 9 (2,129 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The agent from EA sports blaitantly hung the phone up on me. He told me that he had nothing more to say and was getting fustrated then proceeded to disconnect the phone on me. I get that u are trying to protect the agents and stuff but the behaviour they displayed was totally innappropriate and very disrespectful. Agents should not conduct themselves in that manner when dealing with customers. Also I called Amazon and they said that its not thier product and there is nothing that they can do. So before you jump to assumptions maybe you should pull the call and listen for yourself how the agent was cutting me off when I was trying to speak and how aggressive he was talking to me. Again these agents need someone who is expierenced to teach these folks people skills and how to deal with customers. I have been working in customer service for 8 years and would never think of treating my customers the way I was treated.

Message 4 of 9 (1,666 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I hope that the tech support for EA moves to a different location where the agents actually care and respect the customers cause If I ever have a issue again I will go to youtube or google before I call EA because this was the worst expierence that I have ever endured!

Message 5 of 9 (1,664 Views)

Community Manager

@Jay_0071981 I am not protecting anyone nor jumping to any conclusions, if you can provide me with the name of the agent and the case number then I am happy to have this looked into.

We have no control over Amazon's regional restrictions, if an item on amazon.com is not eligible to be shipped to a Canadian address or purchased by a Canadian resident that that is something that you need to discuss with Amazon. While they may not have made the product they are the ones selling it and as such may impose rules relating to where it can be shipped to and who can purchase it. There is any number of reasons for this but if you wish to know more about why a certain item cannot be purchased by a Canadain citizen through amazon.com then you need to contact amazon. 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 9 (1,662 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The Amazon issuse is something i totally understand as I spoke with them directly and you know something...they never treated me like an animal they was that customer service rep did. The people at Amazon actually cared and spoke with compassion and had the urgency to help. Its unfourtinate that the reps that speak with customers at EA lack those customer service skills. A big company like EA sports should have top knotch customer sercive I would want to belive but after what has transpired I lost all confidence in EA sports when it comes to having to call or even deal with live chat to get help with an issue. Thats the main problem. People spend so much money and just want some decenct customer service and its sad that me and many others have recocved horrible customer service from the live chat reps and the telephone reps. 

Message 7 of 9 (1,656 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I totally agree with you. Terrible support.
Message 8 of 9 (1,637 Views)

Community Manager

@Jay_0071981 I took a look at your case and a read through the chats. I'm sorry if you had a less than satisfactory time contacting support but I am going to have to lock this thread as AHQ is not the place for this. 

If you wish to make a complaint about the way you were treated during your live support contact then please speak with live support who will be able to file a complaint on your behalf. 

Darko.png
Message 9 of 9 (1,596 Views)