Ea Account Recovery and Customer Support is beyond awful

by SoulTirtyTree

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Ea Account Recovery and Customer Support is beyond awful

★★★★ Novice

Ea has some of the worst Account Recovery questions and support that I've ever seen. They expect you to know information that could be 10+ years old and on top of that expect you to never delete an email, even when you have a console linked to your ea account. It still says you credentials expired so you still can't get into your account even if you try to sign in via your linked account. To top that all off Customer Support just says to do the form constantly instead of actually bringing any meaningful help. I've done the form. 26 times in the past 3 months. And all you can say to help is for me to do it again? I put security questions on my account for a reason. You have got to make a way for people to get their accounts back when the email has been deleted, it's baffling that they don't think ahead. Ea has some of the worst support of any company, it's absolutely terrible. To everyone else who can't access their accounts due to a deleted email, my best advice is if you truly want to keep playing I'd make another account sadly, the likelyhood of EA doing anything to help with getting your account back is like 0.0000003% chance, there is sadly nothing you can do, if you don't play the games often I wouldn't make another account. Just don't waste time and money on Ea at this rate if they screwed you over, they don't do anything to help people who don't have their emails due to probably wanting to scrunch more money out of you.

Tldr; Don't waste time with Ea support or account recovery because they're an awful support and are bad at making recovery forms because they expect you to know information from years ago

Message 1 of 6 (1,256 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Ea Account Recovery and Customer Support is beyond awful

Community Manager

Sorry to say @SoulTirtyTree but if you are unable to verify that you are the account owner then our team will not be able to assist you in gaining access to or making any changes to an account.

We take account security very seriously and only the account owner after verifying ownership can make changes to an account.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,216 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to say @SoulTirtyTree but if you are unable to verify that you are the account owner then our team will not be able to assist you in gaining access to or making any changes to an account.

We take account security very seriously and only the account owner after verifying ownership can make changes to an account.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,217 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Yes because me going through the account recovery 26 times doesn't maybe give the slightest hint that I could be the account holder and am pissed due to losing years of progress in my games due to how stupid the recovery form is. I wouldn't be trying this hard to get my account back if it wasn't mine
Message 3 of 6 (1,207 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @SoulTirtyTree when posting on AHQ please do so in a polite and constructive manner.

If you are unable to verify that you are the account owner then I'm sorry to say but there is nothing that we can do to change this.

We take account security very seriously and if you cannot verify ownership of an account then there is nothing further our team can do to assist you.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (1,203 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko So what you're saying is I'm never getting my account back that I'd had for 10+ years and spent God knows how much money on because I can't fill out a form that asks me to have absolutely perfect photographic memory, it is my account, I've attempted to verify it 26 times, it's never worked because how your verification process works is doodoo, I've verified ownership of my account 26 times, but if one question is wrong on something I made 10+ years ago then immediately I'm not the owner, nice to know I'm being told all the time and money I put into my account was a waste though
Message 5 of 6 (1,198 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @SoulTirtyTree I'm going to lock this thread as there is nothing more that we can do to assist on AHQ.

If you are unable to verify account ownership then I'm sorry to say but there is nothing that we can do to assist you in gaining access to an account.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (1,188 Views)