by Loki_Deezie

Original Post

ETA for Hotfix or Next Patch?

★★★ Apprentice

Topic, just wondering when the devs fix the game with the current known issues>

Message 1 of 13 (366 Views)

Re: ETA for Hotfix or Next Patch?

★★★ Apprentice

Don’t hold your breath.  They said they wouldn’t be communicating much.  Games about dead.  Another week or two of silence and it’s gone.

Message 2 of 13 (346 Views)

@Reposter wrote:

The serious answer to your question is that we don't know exactly because the devs won't want to give a date and miss it.

On the basis of past activity, I'd expect a Hotfix within 10 days to deal with any issues from 1.1.0

After that, I'd guess same time next month for a bigger patch and hopefully some content, but I can understand the policy of 'make it then talk about it' given that the roadmap dates were missed.

I can entirely understand the wish to know what's next, I'd like to know that too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 3 of 13 (333 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

@Reposter wrote:

The serious answer to your question is that we don't know exactly because the devs won't want to give a date and miss it.

On the basis of past activity, I'd expect a Hotfix within 10 days to deal with any issues from 1.1.0

After that, I'd guess same time next month for a bigger patch and hopefully some content, but I can understand the policy of 'make it then talk about it' given that the roadmap dates were missed.

I can entirely understand the wish to know what's next, I'd like to know that too.

Hit the nail smack on the head. You Do Not Know!

Out of utter curiosity, why even attempt to answer?

Accordinging to your statement, its nothing but expectations and guesses.

Why should anyone reading your statement, have any faith in what you are writing.

Just speculation and guess work. Even worse, is the fact that Track Record since launch, proves you wrong.

More things ingame, have been broken Because of "paches & fixes" than actually improvement. 

Message 4 of 13 (313 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

@jor19dan89 wrote:

Don’t hold your breath.  They said they wouldn’t be communicating much.  Games about dead.  Another week or two of silence and it’s gone.

Assuming you have a job, if I hounded you about everything would you want to communicate with me? 

Why havent you finished (insert item)? When will you be done? Why isn't it done right now? What do you mean you couldn't get this to work? Give it to me now or (insert ''threat''). 

The big difference is their job isn't dictated by you. If things need to get pushed back because they weren't working properly or were busy fixing other things that took more time than expected its perfectly reasonable. But to you its a dead game because this updated didnt have everything they hoped for, which is normal, programming is not easy. 

You would be the same person to complain about functions not working that they implemented because you said you wanted it now but they werent ready.

Message 5 of 13 (312 Views)

@KALIUMG wrote:

More things ingame, have been broken Because of "paches & fixes" than actually improvement. 

I attempted to answer because the OP asked nicely and I've seen how often patches are released. It was an educated guess, no more.

And no, more things have not been 'broken' by patches than improved, that is nonsense.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 13 (294 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

@KALIUMG wrote:

I attempted to answer because the OP asked nicely and I've seen how often patches are released. It was an educated guess, no more.

And no, more things have not been 'broken' by patches than improved, that is nonsense.

Nonsense, really?

Ok, I think that statement is nonsense.

Just go through all the so called "patches/fixes" and compare lists of what was improved in each and what in turn was broken.

The list with more stuff breaking after  "paches/fix", outweighs the "improved" list. <---- That, IS FACT! 

Message 7 of 13 (200 Views)

@KALIUMG wrote:

The list with more stuff breaking after  "paches/fix", outweighs the "improved" list. <---- That, IS FACT! 

It really isn't, but you're more than welcome to hold that opinion. Standard smile

Message 8 of 13 (175 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

@KALIUMG wrote:

It really isn't, but you're more than welcome to hold that opinion. Standard smile

Ok, just 1 of the top of my head. <--- Not opnion, pure and simple FACT!

Correct me if I am wrong. 

End of Mission screen <---- Broken since last patch (1.0.4.02)

Latest patch (1.1.0) Stil NOT fixed. 

Now, how do you figure that this is just my opinion?

Message 9 of 13 (164 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@KALIUMG wrote:

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

@KALIUMG wrote:

Ok, just 1 of the top of my head. <--- Not opnion, pure and simple FACT!

Correct me if I am wrong. 

End of Mission screen <---- Broken since last patch (1.0.4.02)

Latest patch (1.1.0) Stil NOT fixed. 

Now, how do you figure that this is just my opinion?

How is it broken? I find it works fine.

Message 10 of 13 (159 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help