Re: EA will buy Codemasters,will this affects future NFS?

by GK3512

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

Purchased F1 2020, this is a racing game for serious drivers. Doesn't have the fun factor of Heat but you'll need to learn how to drive better and race according to F1 Rules. I'm not very good at it yet but at least I am able to finish a race. Biggest challenge is learning to drive in a crowd of cars, because crashing will get you disqualified from the race.

Works on my PC but I had to lower Frame rate to 60 fps. Need to upgrade graphics card but that is out of my price range at the moment. Graphics are excellent on 4k TV, but to optimize performance I believe you need a 4k graphics card which is expensive.

Message 11 of 17 (565 Views)

★★★★ Pro
https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/worldwide-studios/criterion-games
https://codemasters.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/2/home?c=codemasters
Currently both Criterion and Codemasters are hiring.If both team will take over NFS in the end.I highly doubt they will succeed since both are lacking manpower and skill to continue this dying franchise.
Message 12 of 17 (536 Views)

★★★ Pro
@GK3512 Intresting man, really dont hope EA destroy Codemasters. Because they make so many great games, etc Grid Dirt and F1. But i really hope EA is finally doing what i have ,been requsting for so many years. And thats hiring two diffrent NFS studios, mayby Codemasters can bring back cannonball style NFS again. Then Criterion can focus on making those silly and cringy FF wannabe gangster NFS games.
Message 13 of 17 (513 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@BVBgamer88 Codemasters had ex-Evolution/Bizarre Creation members.Which means Driveclub/PGR team may help in future NFS.And that game feels close to a Distinctive style NFS(although without cops like NFSII)If Codemasters can stand against EA dictatorship on series style then maybe they can put out some Cannonball style NFS.But again that's a big IF.
Message 14 of 17 (485 Views)

★★★ Pro
@GK3512 Yeah you are right, but i actually loved NFS 2 SE. Me and a friend loved the intense races ,in knockout mode and Tournament mode. So it is not neccecarly a bad thing ,having a NFS game without police. But i think Codemasters could potensially make a great NFS game, if they used the quality from their own games, anyway time will show.
Message 15 of 17 (452 Views)

★★ Expert

@GK3512 

As for me, I'm going to have a wait and see approach to this new studio.

To be honest I'm not really expecting anything to the high end of a final NFS product once it comes out.

Different studios don't mean high-end-quality games and like you said NFS a dying franchise.

This merry-go-round of studio change-ups in the past & the present has not even brought this franchise forward either!

Endless customers losing time, money, and patience with the lack of features & functions in NFS hurts all involved.

Just my thoughts on your good post.

Have a good day.

Reminder: XP For Liked Comments & Credit for Solutions

Message 16 of 17 (449 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@BLVD69 NFS with few feature and motivation for the player is largely due to EA's typical BUY RUSH KILL cycle.The Rushed game lacked time to add more feature.Which may end up with either a finished different product(like MW2012 and the canceled MW2 project) or an unfinished buggy similar product(like Rivals and the planned HP2 project)The only thing kinda good about CM being bought by EA is NFS will have another team after fake Criterion fell apart again.They have talent(like Distinctive and real Criterion) but they don't have a good parent company to let them keep making good games.
Message 17 of 17 (412 Views)