Re: EA we need a response on the state of hackers. Seriously.

by Player_6vmh4wht

Original Post

EA we need a response on the state of hackers. Seriously.

★★★ Newbie

EA, what are you doing about hackers? Do you have someone reviewing reports full time? Do you care that BF is full of cocky hackers, who know that they can get away with it?

I have been playing this game more now that BF2 is going to come out. In fact, I pre-ordered BF2. After playing this every night for a week. . . I am done and I am going to try to get my money back for BF2. Every game that I play, has more than one hacker. Last night, someone had 230 kills and 7 deaths. Players will twirl through the air, be impervious to damage, impossible shots,etc. 

I dont enjoy playing and that is why I am not interested anymore in BF2. Especially, because EA seems to do nothing. Well, I am not going to play with hackers. My time is better spent on another game in which the devs actually do something about hackers.

I have screen shots of the scoreboards, many clearly are hacking.

I am going to get a refund for BF2 unless EA can answer these questions and clean up BF1. This is out of hand and has to stop. I don't want to give my money to a company that does not have the decency to stop cheaters.

Message 1 of 14 (8,240 Views)

★ Guide

I believe they are doing nothing, since the new anti-cheat system for BFII is nothing else but the same old FairFight. In conclusion, hackers continue to be the rule in these games and so a probably good game is going to be trash because of this. It's a shame.

Message 2 of 14 (8,087 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

What is the progress to avoid cheating in games? I'm not the player who plays it the first day. When the weakest weapon kills me with the first blow. So it's not normal. Especially at the beginning of the round. A regular score of 80: 1 or more is a clear sign of cheating. Your games are perfect. Enhance protection and I'll buy more. But buying another game with the idea of playing with a high number of scammers does not appeal to me. You act like an ostrich. Put your head in the sand. Money from cheating players is better for you?

Message 3 of 14 (8,077 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

...they will do NOTHIN, they have done NOTHING and their approach to the in BF II is the same NOTHING. In a post I'm sure Prestons already working on the get removed (hes my "watcher" for these reasons).. In BF II ALL players get between X and X amount of coins no matter skill level. Sooo player with 30 kills and all awards gets 20 more coins than the LAST player with 11 kills...."to combat cheaters" is their reason for this coin system. So that should tell you the FairFight never worked on ALL BF servers (just a few at a time) and they are gonna use it even less (if at all) in BF II as told be the Everyone Gets A Trophy Coin System.

Message 4 of 14 (8,020 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

SW Battlefield reached its shelf life when EA released SW Battlefield II. It would not make sense for any company to continue to give support on an older product when they are actively working on a newer project where issues such as hacking are "worked on" with the new product. While it sucks that issues for people like us that enjoy the game will not be fixed, and cheaters thrive, but companies need to recycle their products and encourage people to purchase their new merchandise. 

*The quotations used were to emphasis worked on, loosely speaking.

Message 5 of 14 (7,928 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It was also my last game from Origin :-( 

Message 6 of 14 (7,843 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Once in a while, I go play some Walker Assault on SWBF1 and there are usually three to four hackers in any given session.  They are completely shameless about it.  Just seems there should be a better way to deal with this.  I vastly prefer PC gaming to console gaming, but every game I start to play becomes ruined by hackers within weeks.

Message 7 of 14 (7,805 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
The game was riddled with hackers from the beta. As was battlefront 2. For what ever reason they just do not care.
Message 8 of 14 (7,701 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I've been playing since beta and can second that this is true..

Message 9 of 14 (7,391 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Nothing :-( EA killed the game. SW BF an all online can not be played. There is at least one cheater in each game. Sometimes cheaters are more than normal. Who buys any game from EA? Just a fool. Only stupid idiot ...

Message 10 of 14 (7,051 Views)