EA support chat is locked

by TruePlatypus

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA support chat is locked

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have discovered that no matter what region I choose, and no matter what topic I choose, I am not allowed to contact EA support via chat.

I was in contact with EA via chat yesterday, but Now I only get the option to call via phone. I have since logged in on a different gamertag and I have discovered that the system only allows one time contact via chat. then the option is removed and telephone becomes the only option. I dont wish to call or be called via telephone, mostly because of the charges involved with international phone calls.

All I wanted was to transfer my progress in Battlefield 4 from the xbox 360 save to the Xbox One save. This progress is saved as a Soldier on the EA-operated battlelog servers. I can't ask the developer (Dice) for help with this because there is no support option for Dice. This is outsourced to EA, and the case becomes EA's responsibility.

I know for a fact EA has offered this "service" before, in order to get people to buy the xbox one version of the game. And now they wont even speak with me.

At this point I feel like I should just go and get an Activision game.

Message 1 of 5 (393 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA support chat is locked

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues.

Can you ensure that you are following these steps exactly when trying to contact support:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

If it does not work then you can use a Voice-Over-IP service like Skype or Google Voice and contact our UK support directly, it is best to set your location to the country you are contacting also. The UK support number is  +44 203 0141818  and is available 9AM-9PM GMT, Monday through Saturday.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (295 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Pro
@TruePlatypus if you did it on Saturday i think they're closed.
Message 2 of 5 (355 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@jimmarshall No. Logging in with a different username, even on saturdays, makes the chat option avalable again. They simply lock you out of it after one contact.

Message 3 of 5 (339 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@TruePlatypus well that makes no sense. what a shame.
Message 4 of 5 (328 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues.

Can you ensure that you are following these steps exactly when trying to contact support:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

If it does not work then you can use a Voice-Over-IP service like Skype or Google Voice and contact our UK support directly, it is best to set your location to the country you are contacting also. The UK support number is  +44 203 0141818  and is available 9AM-9PM GMT, Monday through Saturday.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (296 Views)