EA should make a new Rugby Game. Here is why.

by sammy_a02

Original Post

Highlighted

EA should make a new Rugby Game. Here is why.

★ Novice

First Reason -

Rugby Union is one of the most popular sports worldwide. The game might not be popular in America, but just because it’s not big in America, does not mean it isn’t popular in countries like UK, Ireland, France, Italy, Argentina, Japan, Australia, New Zealand and more!  

Second Reason

The current Rugby union video game market is shocking. The last good Rugby worth playing for more than a day was Rugby 08, and coincidentally it was made by EA. There has been attempts by other small companies and some have been all right (Rugby Challenge 3), but none of them have the professional look and great flowing feel as I feel EA Sports could once again pull off.  

Conclusion - 

Rugby Union is a big game, many and many supporters around the world. Including EA target audience, kids. But there are no good Rugby Games on current consoles and EA are more than capable of making a great rugby game like Rugby 08.  

We don’t need a new rugby game every year like FIFA, Madden and NBA get. Maybe just one every 4 years for the Rugby World Cup. The game wouldn’t be as popular as FIFA, NBA or Madden, but it for sure wouldn’t be a flop and would certainly have a lot of support.  

Please consider it Standard smile

Message 1 of 2 (817 Views)

Re: EA should make a new Rugby Game. Here is why.

@sammy_a02 sorry, but the license is currently with BigBen Interactive. I know that their games are abyssmal, but that is up to the Rugby Union to decide which companies does videogames using their name, teams, players. etc.

So unless the Union offers again the license to the highest bidder (which is unlikely, as it seems that BigBen got it for a rather long time frame), EA can't even think to a new Rugby game (and their Rugby games were the best). So unless the BigBen's license expires and it's offered again to the highest bidder, i doubt that we will see a new rugby game from EA soon. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 2 (792 Views)