Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: EA should face legal actions because of this massive fraud called Anthem.

by CasePB

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

@Aedensin wrote:

@Sylaron wrote:
What exactly was misleading?

Demo optimization vs release optimization is what I'd say. If the game ran like this during the demos I would have saved my money.

However, I've seen the game run better, and I'm holding out hope that they can fix it. Despite them not acknowledging the many pages of people with issues.

Im sorry but did we play the same demo? because when i played both demos it was 50 times worse for me with connection issues.

I will say its not that the release version is perfect, but i havent had nearly as many issues.

Also someone else already said it but when you first open the game and click 'agree' on the terms of service and EULA, your pretty much agreeing you are playing at your own choosing and anything that happens whether bugs or disconnects is not their fault.

Message 11 of 37 (213 Views)

★★★ Guide

@KRoMiSToRM

- Can you actually play the game? Yes.

- Was it stated that it would be a live service game at at the beginning before it was even available for preorder? Yes.

- Is the promise of a live service game being filled? Yes.

- Are people able to get at least the 25 hour play time that majority of the community is setting the bar at? Yes

- Is this game a AAA title? Yes.

- Was it stated that this wouldn't be a typical BioWare game? Yes as sad as it is.

Is it fraud? NO

While the game is not as complete and bug free as it really should have been, the game did deliver, and reality is, it has met the lowering standard of the quality of what makes game these days. If anyone is to blame it is the system, and the community for letting such a stand get so low, not game, or the company that released it. I personally don't like EA, if I'm being completely honest I actually dislike them, and trust them about as far as I can throw them. But all that being said you bought the game with whether or not you accept it, a clean knowledge that this game had issues. EA/BioWare put that out long before hand. If you still bought it that's on you.

And an FYI this isn't even the place to get a refund, this is the games general forms, not a support ticket or something like that.

Message 12 of 37 (199 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@KRoMiSToRM wrote:

EA deserves facing collective legal actions because of selling this misleading product.  this is a MASSIVE FRAUD.

You should get right on that. Let us know how it turns out

lmao

Message 13 of 37 (178 Views)

★ Guide
Oh I like comedic posts. Do another.
Message 14 of 37 (166 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I can’t actually play the game. nor can many others. so, that, at least, is a big, fat fail.

Message 15 of 37 (159 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Geeha08By that do you mean you literally are unable to play the game, or are you trying to say that you won't because you dislike it so much?

Message 16 of 37 (156 Views)

★ Guide
Ok the OP was a upset at posting and a little light on reference, but trying to bully him over details that have been discussed in length in numerous post is a little heavy handed hears probally the best summary from another thread....

Works as advertised? Are you serious right now?
Graphic downgrades, trailer showing missions and items not actually in the game. World events that doesnt exists, only scripted events for the trailer.

Choices in missions that matters and impact, not a single choice you make have any impact storywise, what so ever.

Ther are many, many more lies, just google or watch some videos, and you will see its NOT the game advertised. But you can live happily in your bubble if you like, telling yourself you made a good purchase.

I have no doubt the game will be ALOT better in a few weeks or months from now if they get continued support, we now what EA does to studios that doesnt do well.

But dont tell me that the game in this current state is what was promised or advertised.

And software liscensing agreements are contracts and thus can not override local consumer laws....

Personally I love this game but trying to say it's a shining example of a triple A product is just not gonna happen..
Message 17 of 37 (157 Views)

★ Guide
So you like it.
Message 18 of 37 (145 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Don't you think you're being a bit dramatic?  The game works perfectly fine.  Sure it has bugs, and it needs tons of more QoL features, but nothing game breaking.  The fraud you speak of does not exist.  

Message 19 of 37 (139 Views)

★ Guide

Yes I Do... But to be honest I think I love it's potential not it's current state.

The Disconnects are killing me, I hope they prioritize that fix. A few bugs like getting locked in aim view after evading while hovering are anoying but can be cleared by landing are a pain but not game breaking. So I am having fun but this is not the game I was sold for $109AUD a premium AAA game. No I dont want a refund But I understand those that do, to me the gameplay is solid but the overall technical state of the game is sad.  Personallly I cant help but think this would have made an excellent replacement for Mass Effect but *sigh* we'll have to see where it ends up after a few updates.

Message 20 of 37 (134 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help