Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Rif.: EA should consider pulling the plug

by frauzet

Original Post

Re: EA should consider pulling the plug

★ Pro

There are a lot of opinions about what should be done with this game, but IMO they don't need to shut it down to fix it

I would like to continue to play Anthem as it is being worked on, so my two cents go to the no vote. Beer

Message 111 of 127 (605 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The Fun thing is that @SofaJockeyUK said to love this "game" ...

But he spend most time on this forum rather than play.

Fabulous!

(Ps I hope you get paid ....is sad ....really)

Message 112 of 127 (561 Views)

Champion

@lionahk wrote:

Fabulous!

Some people like to share their fun with likeminded people when they enjoy something,

or they like to help other players who have a problem.

It may sound strange, but some people do have access to the internet despite not being at home and not being able to play.

Imo there is nothing sad about players engaging in discussions about a game they like.

I'm personally more concerned for players who claim they're done with a game and still seem to be unable to move on.

In my personal experience wallowing in negativity is quite unhealthy.

Still, everyone needs to find their own way to deal with emotions--good and bad.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 113 of 127 (526 Views)

★★ Guide

It's not a matter of considering, it's only a matter of time... ME:Andromeda nevaforget \,,/

Message 114 of 127 (511 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

And here kids, is why we have a such a low bar in this generation for games. This subject here has no real clue about where gaming used to be, how Developers used to care and create high quality AAA PC (only) games instead of trying to split the difference and cater to console kiddies, reducing a ton of features on the PC version or omitting them all together just so they can launch on both platforms. Instead making an amazing game they make something that works for both just to make more money. 

Knowing this would of course require experience in the gaming space, which our poster here doesn't fully have yet. He's settle for this low end, barely alpha stage looter shooter, that doesn't have loot and he's happy about it. If we continue down this path, devs will get lazier, distribution companies will get greedier and the net result will be awful, more so than Anthem is now. 

Just think about this for a minute before your unevolved teenager emotions take over your mouth and you make a fool of yourself again. 

There is no denying or disputing this. You can try if you want. But you will ultimately fail.

Message 115 of 127 (466 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

*sighs*

The good old times.

Teenagers everywhere love to hear about those...

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 116 of 127 (456 Views)

[ Edited ]

@lionahk wrote:

Fabulous!

I've spent over 500 hours playing (and enjoying Anthem), considerably more than posting on the forum. Not sure what's sad about it, nor why what another player enjoys justifies a snarky comment from you.

I'm pretty much done with the game for now (there are other games to play) but I'll be back when the Cataclysm is up on console. Standard smile 

Mostly following BioWare and Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 117 of 127 (446 Views)

★★ Guide
All I know is I haven't played in months and see nothing to bring me back
Message 118 of 127 (423 Views)

Pulling the plug entirely won't do anyone any good, but I do think the teams needs to slink into the shadows for a while (as long as it takes) for them to make a triumphant return with a product that'll knock our socks off.

It's a terrible way to do business, but No Man's Sky was able to bounce back in the end. People have already spent the money so they can just redownload it when they feel like they're getting their money's worth (unless you're a physical type of person, in which case RIPperoni)

Signature.png

Message 119 of 127 (404 Views)

★★ Guide
@SofaJockeyUK Is done? There truly is no hope!!

I added you on xbox. I was really expecting you to have more playtime and achievements for anthem the way you post here lol.

That explains why you liked anthem for so long.
Message 120 of 127 (381 Views)
Twitter Stream