Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Rif.: EA should consider pulling the plug

by brodieburnett

Original Post

★ Guide

@SofaJockeyUK  You can be in denial all you’d like. It won’t change how the public sees this game. It won’t change that the game is dying, and much of the attention Anthem is getting is negative. If you genuinely like this game and enjoy it, more power to you. But most if not everything we’ve debated about you dismissed as nonsense or conspiracy theories. Understand something, I want this game to succeed; and the only way I think it can do so is by shutting it down for proper development and relaunching it. Otherwise, I don’t see this game or this IP having a long term future

Message 21 of 127 (406 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Silversurferguy wrote:

@SofaJockeyUK  You can be in denial all you’d like. It won’t change how the public sees this game. It won’t change that the game is dying, and much of the attention Anthem is getting is negative. If you genuinely like this game and enjoy it, more power to you. But most if not everything we’ve debated about you dismissed as nonsense or conspiracy theories. Understand something, I want this game to succeed; and the only way I think it can do so is by shutting it down for proper development and relaunching it. Otherwise, I don’t see this game or this IP having a long term future

Honest question

In your scenario of dump it and relaunch

Would all existing players have to pay again for this new version?

If not, after all the negative attention the original is getting do you think that enough new people would buy it for the effort be cost effective? High five

Message 22 of 127 (390 Views)

★ Guide

@Pelon56  No they wouldn’t pay again. That alone is a good PR move, and depending on how well it’d be remade it’ll be worth the effort. Good question btw

Message 23 of 127 (385 Views)

[ Edited ]

Why close a game when the gameplay and game world are already first-rate and don't need to be reinvented?

Evolutions to the loot mechanic and further content can simply be added to the live game.

The notion is beyond foolish.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 24 of 127 (380 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Silversurferguy wrote:

@Pelon56  No they wouldn’t pay again. That alone is a good PR move, and depending on how well it’d be remade it’ll be worth the effort. Good question btw

So you’re saying they should shut it down, refund everyone, and then release it for free after months or even years of additional development (again, FFXIV took three years to “reboot”). I’m sure it would be great for PR, but how would they actually pay their developers for working on the game the whole time? Especially after the players learn they can get free games in the future if they just keep throwing tantrums?

And please don’t tell me “EA can afford it, they’re making tons of money from their sports titles.” They can’t use profits from one studio to run another studio at a loss. They can afford to invest a ton of money upfront, and they can maybe absorb small, close-call losses that would have killed the studio otherwise. They can (and do) invest that money into new game studios, many of which never end up releasing a single game – that’s part of being a publisher. But they can’t continuously run a studio at a loss just because players want to pay less than it costs to develop the games they ask for.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 25 of 127 (368 Views)

★★★★ Novice
so those of us who enjoy the game should lose our ability to play it for probably six-eight months MINIMUM, for some hypothetical better version?

Besides the cut scene of the dude running up to us in the market, what content are you so dearly missing?

Loot? That is patchable, and also not the actual point of the game. If you just want the chance of rewards, go play slots.
More/different missions? Plenty available, and also adding more in free DLC/updates. Could they dump it faster? I mean sure, probably, would it be as gorgeous as it is now? Probably not, so I'd wait.
More story/better RPG experience? We do realize this is a looter-shooter right? I mean, let's look at Borderlands, the story is pretty flimsy, less interactive (as in not at all) and serves as a reason to go here, shoot that. The lore of Anthem is pretty deep (though I do realize that having to read is a pretty big issue for a lot of current gamers), you just have to want to get in to it. Which I can understand their decision to make it written text, cause for those who do care, they can spend time going thru it, and for those that just want to fly around and shoot things in the face, they can easily ignore it.
Too many bugs/glitches? How many is too many? I've been playing console games since 84, and I'm hard pressed to remember any without some bug or other, and back in the early days, that was it, you found a bug, that was the end of that game (damn you Icarus!), and in today's world of these incredibly complex games, bugs are even more prevalent as should be expected with just how massive they are, but now we have the ability to fix them, and pretty quickly. Sure, in a perfect world, they wouldn't exist, but that ain't our world, so you can reasonably deal with it, or cry about it, guess which one gets the problem solved.
Message 26 of 127 (349 Views)

★★★★ Novice
The game came to market in poor conditions because of the bugs. Right now the game works correctly. Anthem just needs more content. Like all looters, once you reach the maximum, it becomes boring and repetitive.
Some games give life thanks to the pvp.
Repiro, you just need more content and variety. I do not know how to fix that by closing the game
Message 27 of 127 (340 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

Why close a game when the gameplay and game world are already first-rate and don't need to be reinvented?

Evolutions to the loot mechanic and further content can simply be added to the live game.

Three months.

We've been complaining about the loot problems for three months and they haven't fixed it. So, apparently, it can't be 'simply' added or fixed because they either can't do it or won't do it or don't want to do it. Either way, they are doing a terrible job.

They need to FF14 this thing before it goes Hellgate:London on us.

Message 28 of 127 (329 Views)

★★★ Guide

@MaireDevylin wrote:

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

Three months.

We've been complaining about the loot problems for three months and they haven't fixed it. So, apparently, it can't be 'simply' added or fixed because they either can't do it or won't do it or don't want to do it. Either way, they are doing a terrible job.

They need to FF14 this thing before it goes Hellgate:London on us.

If I recall, FF14 was kept open while they worked on the fixes and replacements, and just closed it down for about 6 months right before releasing said content. I think it was left open for like 2 years. So, if they are working on it, why close it down for everyone who still wants to play?

Message 29 of 127 (325 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Sofajockey - [Removed - CM], stop inserting yourself as a barrier defence to everyones justified backlash at bioware and ea

Message 30 of 127 (317 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help