Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Rif.: EA should consider pulling the plug

by Silversurferguy

Original Post

@SofaJockeyUK  Players like you and @Dylan-Drog  are the reason companies have gotten so comfortable putting out incomplete and broken games; because they know there will be players who not only put up with this behavior, they’ll defend it. You may like the game for what it is, but you are a minority. I dare say that we like this game more than you do because we’re willing to give BioWare tough love. We just want this game to be better. It deserves better. The way BioWare is approaching fixes is not working. One last thing. That E3 trailer was what we were sold on and what we got was nothing like what we saw. Typical I know. But now even the content we were promised has been delayed indefinitely. Where in any other industry is this acceptable? Faulty products are a serious liability in businesses, but for some reason faulty games are swept under the rug by players like you. 

Message 11 of 127 (946 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I hate to go there but anymore anytime you buy a game based off of the publishers propaganda without waiting to see what was actually released then you take a massive risk with your money. I fell into that with this game myself, even knowing better, but I also kept in mind I may be hosing myself. Not excusing the game industries treatment of us over all by most publishers these days, just the way it's been allowed become.

Message 12 of 127 (938 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ye for sure  problem of the game Is us who enjoy the game not Kids who flood the forum with ridiculous "pull the plug cause i don't like and i don't care about anyone else". Come on grow up..

Message 13 of 127 (935 Views)

@Dylan-Drog wrote:

Ye for sure  problem of the game Is us who enjoy the game not Kids who flood the forum with ridiculous "pull the plug cause i don't like and i don't care about anyone else". Come on grow up..

Like I said, you are a minority. You enjoy the game, sure. But the majority doesn’t. If BioWare had made a good game, many of us wouldn’t have much to say, the majority of players wouldn’t have left, even sales would’ve been better. Buuut they didn’t so here we are

Message 14 of 127 (924 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

What about change game instead of Try  close this one? When i don't like a game i just uninstall instead of get into its forum asking to shut It down,cause, probably someone else Is enjoining it. One day you'll grow up and you'll learn what respect for other people Is (or at least i hope for you).

Message 15 of 127 (912 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

If you don’t enjoy playing the game in its current state, nobody’s making you play it. I don’t get the logic of “I don’t want to play the game anymore, so they should shut it down for everyone.”

Besides, even with the game still up and running, with new stuff being released, and now PTS getting set up for gathering feedback on future content, there’s tin hats everywhere going “this game is on its deathbed, EA is killing it and shutting down Bioware any day now,” and so on and so forth. How well do you think it would go over if they actually did shut down the game, even temporarily? How many people would actually believe it’s ever coming back? The Cataclysm got delayed by a couple months and everyone is acting like the sky is falling. FFXIV took about three years to get re-released.

If you’re not feeling like you’ve got your money’s worth from the game, that’s unfortunate. But asking for a refund gets increasingly ridiculous the more time passes since release. You’re basically saying “I’ve played the game for months but I don’t feel like paying for it.” And all the calls for shutting down the game “until it’s redone properly” are really just about wanting to get your refunds, so you can “buy” another game you’ll be trying to refund as soon as you’ve played through it. You’re not “showing tough love.” You just want your $60 back even if it kills the studio.

Message 16 of 127 (899 Views)

@Dylan-Drog  It’s ok if you like anthem how it is. If BioWare shuts it down to rebuild anthem, I hope they keep the good parts. I liked the flight and combat. But it has issues so deep into the equation it can’t just be changed. And shutting it down would be a form of change as it can be re launched. Maybe you’ll like the game even more. Normally I would uninstall but I paid full price and then some. I have every right to voice my opinions, concerns and frustrations. Perhaps these companies should learn a thing or two about respect themselves. Respect for the consumer’s money, their time, and for the consumers themselves. I work hard for the money I earn and I don’t have much time or money to spend as I have bigger priorities at university. 

Message 17 of 127 (896 Views)

★★★ Pro

mjpop.jpg

*be right back it needs more butter*

Message 18 of 127 (882 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Silversurferguy wrote:

@SofaJockeyUK  Players like you and @Dylan-Drog  are the reason companies have gotten so comfortable putting out incomplete and broken games; because they know there will be players who not only put up with this behavior, they’ll defend it. 

I don't accept this on multiple levels:

1. The primary issue with Anthem at launch was that it was unacceptably buggy and it was punished for that (now patched).
  2. I'm defending nothing other than what any rational person would defend as the 'outrage' has been beyond any reason.
  3. There is an unseemly 'mob mentality' that now takes issue with players who are not chiming in with the 'game is awful' narrative.

Sure, we can have different opinions on these things, but when players who are reasonably enjoying the game in good faith start to get heat for being 'part of the problem' then it is time for that foolish argument to be called out. In reality, this will be settled over the coming months and years as Anthem's content grows (or doesn't) and as players continue to play the game (or don't).

But I'm not subscribing to the 'it's dead, pull the plug' argument and there is nothing wrong with holding a view counter to it. Wondering

Mostly following BioWare and Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 19 of 127 (863 Views)

★ Pro

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

@Silversurferguy wrote:

@SofaJockeyUK  Players like you and @Dylan-Drog  are the reason companies have gotten so comfortable putting out incomplete and broken games; because they know there will be players who not only put up with this behavior, they’ll defend it. 

I don't accept this on multiple levels:

1. The primary issue with Anthem at launch was that it was unacceptably buggy and it was punished for that (now patched).
  2. I'm defending nothing other than what any rational person would defend as the 'outrage' has been beyond any reason.
  3. There is an unseemly 'mob mentality' that now takes issue with players who are not chiming in with the 'game is awful' narrative.

Sure, we can have different opinions on these things, but when players who are reasonably enjoying the game in good faith start to get heat for being 'part of the problem' then it is time for that foolish argument to be called out. In reality, this will be settled over the coming months and years as Anthem's content grows (or doesn't) and as players continue to play the game (or don't).

But I'm not subscribing to the 'it's dead, pull the plug' argument and there is nothing wrong with holding a view counter to it. Wondering

Agreed! Cool

Message 20 of 127 (860 Views)
Twitter Stream