Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: EA should consider pulling the plug

by pickyghost

Original Post

EA should consider pulling the plug

★★ Guide

I don’t mean completely abandon the game but shut it down, remake it, and re-launch. Offer refunds if players want. Let’s be real here. The game is on life support atm and it won’t last much longer. It wouldn’t be the first time a game got shut down. Final fantasy XIV, if I recall correctly, shut down and relaunched cuz of similar circumstances. No man’s sky did something similarly. Anthem should do the same. 

Message 1 of 127 (1,734 Views)

★★★ Guide

If they can't get a grip on it in 2 months I agree, I believe the games you mentioned did so after 6 months. Gives at least a half a year to have the chance to get a game on track. IMHO 

Message 2 of 127 (1,723 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

They have a plenty firm grip on the concept of doing little as possible, while saying little as possible, while delaying everything long as possible. I am curious to see how the PTS goes or if it ever happens. Sure not going to hold my breath.

In before Larry, Moe, or Shimp show up to support Bioware in all it's glory.

Message 3 of 127 (1,715 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sadly you're probably right. Was a bad idea releasing a new IP in such a half baked state. They essentially sabotaged the game by releasing it like this. Did they actually expect everything to go well? What really makes me laugh is that they have the nerve to blame the community for it falling flat on its face. Just a little delusional IMO. There doesn't really seem to be much hope at this point. I want to know what they are actually doing behind the scenes. I mean at this point it really doesn't seem like they can turn this around. Are they even actually working on trying to fix the loot system and inscriptions because if not then just refund everybody and pack it in. Yes, ppl are pissed that the roadmap was canceled but focus on the priorities first and that isn't new content if they want the game to survive. Now what we are getting for a cataclysm isn't what we were led to believe it was going to be either. Yet still, the loot system isn't fixed, core features still aren't implemented. If they would just fix the damn loot system so that loot==time invested I'd be fine grinding it out for a few months so they can get things back on track but that's not what they're doing. Ya lets just call this a beta and give ppl their money back.

Message 4 of 127 (1,711 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

If this game ever wants to succeed it need to go the route of ffxiv

Message 5 of 127 (1,627 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@pickyghost wrote:

If this game ever wants to succeed it need to go the route of ffxiv

I've been saying this for months, thank you....

Message 6 of 127 (1,615 Views)

★ Apprentice
yea, back into the oven.. it was nice proof of concept , cool stuff and worked pretty well.. now please pull this game and ship it when it has a story to it that is actually a bioware /mass effect/ dragon age like story.. and not just "a bunch of "missions".. mass effect 1-3 was GREAT and i do not expect anythig smaller than this from bioware . ME:A was a desaster with every aspect of the game with its "story" the setting and the execution.. at least the setting of anthem is great and the mechanics are new and compelling .. now add story and we are good.. and i mean "god of war" -type-story.. not "5 missions here " and 5 "missions there"..

write a story and tell it..
until then pull the plug..reboot. do now.. thats not working right now..
Message 7 of 127 (1,603 Views)

Rif.: EA should consider pulling the plug

★ Apprentice
Some people forget that some others are enjoying the game, I vote to pull the plug of whiners in aswer to this topic.
Message 8 of 127 (1,587 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Dylan-Drog wrote:
Some people forget that some others are enjoying the game, I vote to pull the plug of whiners in aswer to this topic.

I'm sorry, I wish you held them to a higher standard, if you truly enjoyed and cared about this game I dont see how you can ignore the lack of players, content, and effort involved with this game. But do go on, if you honestly think this game is great and that it was made just for for you then congratulations and enjoy, as for almost everyone else, we would much rather have what was shown to us and implied to exist when we bought the game.

Message 9 of 127 (1,576 Views)

[ Edited ]

The game is good, and I have no problem finding other players to play with at most times of day, so I'm certainly not alone.

I find the 'outrage' relating to old trailers utterly over-stated.

Enjoy the game there is, rather than worrying needlessly about a hypothetical game in your own head. Standard smile

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 10 of 127 (1,572 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help