Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

EA's shady silencing tactic?

by Nihil501

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA's shady silencing tactic?

★★★★ Guide

So I just noticed a very strange pattern on this forum.

Every time I get back to the game to see what changed, and after that every time i create a post about what is still crap or what got even worse, somehow.....out of any strange reasons I get locked out from the forum.

But not because of a ban. Not because my acc isn't working. Every time i try to open the forum and log in, I get in an endless login loop where the forum says on the background: "having issues with login? Visit ea.help" but even that is impossible.

This lasts always for about a week.

Are they trying to silence negative feedback that way? If that only happend just once. But multiple times.

Anyone else had the same issue?

Message 1 of 12 (521 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA's shady silencing tactic?

Community Manager

Hey yo,

We don't utilize any type of "login throttling" on accounts. 

Positive or negative, we need your feedback to make Anthem the best game it can be; it would hinder us to try and keep you away from this forum.

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 7 of 12 (388 Views)

All Replies

Champion

You posted one day after a major patch.

The forum is full of complaints.

Maybe I didn't understand your question, but the insinuation seems a bit far fetched to me.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 2 of 12 (511 Views)

★★ Expert

@Nihil501 wrote:

Every time I get back to the game to see what changed, and after that every time i create a post about what is still crap or what got even worse, somehow.....out of any strange reasons I get locked out from the forum.

But not because of a ban. Not because my acc isn't working. Every time i try to open the forum and log in, I get in an endless login loop where the forum says on the background: "having issues with login? Visit ea.help" but even that is impossible.

Are they trying to silence negative feedback that way? If that only happend just once. But multiple times.

If you truly believe that, and tbh it sounds a bit tinfoil hattish, send them an email and request clarification. If they didn't want you here they could just ban you, its their forum, they don't need to be underhanded.

Message 3 of 12 (508 Views)

★ Guide

Happens all the time after something bad happens for me. Cant connect to forums and such. They probably already know the issue so maybe they take the forums down so it's not posted 100 times

Message 4 of 12 (498 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@frauzetHappend last week. I just have access to the forum again

Message 5 of 12 (455 Views)

Champion

I have encountered some login problems myself sometime last week and iirc at the start of this week.

I don't think I gave EA a reason to silence me, since I'm in general one of the more positive voices around.

So chances are those were some general problems with the forum.

Maintenance, connection problems, whatever.

I think there was a day when nobody posted for about two hours. I thought that was strange.

So I highly doubt you specifically or negative voices in general have been targeted.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 6 of 12 (408 Views)

Community Manager

Hey yo,

We don't utilize any type of "login throttling" on accounts. 

Positive or negative, we need your feedback to make Anthem the best game it can be; it would hinder us to try and keep you away from this forum.

Aljo.png
Message 7 of 12 (389 Views)

★★ Pro

You COULD be getting banned, I got banned once, had to chat with EA customer service to figure out what happened because Id get a screen telling me I dont have access, but they didnt send me an email explaining WHY I got bannewd -.-

Message 8 of 12 (325 Views)

★★ Expert

I did experience some issues logging in a while ago but it was after I cleared my cache/saved passwords/browser history, it took me a while to figure out what was happening but I found a back way to sort it and its been fine since. If any of you are experiencing issues after clearing stuff, its windows and the forum page software, not a conspiracy.

Message 9 of 12 (263 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Nihil501 wrote:

They definitely remove some posts. The process of repeatedly signed out is true. I have been temporary banned on a few accounts over the last few weeks, including this one, probably again soon. Not sure when it becomes permanent, but it is easy to get around. 

Message 10 of 12 (209 Views)
Twitter Stream