Re: EA play not working with xbox game pass ultimate

by CaptainWead

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

Well I got further this time. But now the game says I need permission. I click 'ok' then nit asks if it's ok for the program to change settings on my PC, I click ok. cmd window pops up, stays there, disappears. and game still won't play.

Usual EA garbage. Thank F i didn't pay for this, it comes free with gamepass.

And why can't I just launch from Gamepass window? It';s part of Gamepass. EA are the most useless company on the planet. Don't put Beta programs out unless they are at least working slightly.....

Message 21 of 33 (46,756 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SYGZY The option to log in with my ID is not available anywhere, where did you find that ?
Message 22 of 33 (46,758 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For anyone having issues linking on PC, follow these steps!

https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxGamePass/comments/m87npw/ea_games_error_0xa3e903ed_solution/

Message 23 of 33 (46,525 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@SYGZY  THANKS KING!

Message 24 of 33 (46,489 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thanks bro, life-saver. 

Message 25 of 33 (46,450 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What part are you logging in to? If it’s on the website via PC there should be a little link near or under the ‘forgot your password’ link that lets you use the user name instead. This is the same as when logging in when linking accounts on the Xbox app. 
You’re not using your phone, tablet etc. to access the website are you? The option to switch to user name doesn’t seem to appear when trying it that way. 

Message 26 of 33 (46,416 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah i'm on pc and this is the only page that shows up when i try to log in. I don't think i'm blind but i don't see antyhing telling me to connect with my ID Frown  My EA account is linked to my Xbox account but it's just not working ..

Message 27 of 33 (46,407 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What a disaster, no game download works, there is not support from EA. DISASTER.

Message 28 of 33 (46,182 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This is the only thing that allowed me to use EA play. Thank you so much. 

Message 29 of 33 (44,293 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@icewarp Ive found a solution to this problem, after trying literally trying EVRYTHING to fix EA play so it doesn't keep asking for a subscription even though I have Xbox game pass. You need to make sure that your Xbox account is the primary account you're buying the subscription. I noticed that my Microsoft store account was different than my Xbox account so Xbox app asked if I wanted to make my Xbox account primary and I did which worked and now I can download any EA game.
Okay so basically, check if your microsoft account is the same email as your xbox account. If its not than thats the issue that not allowing you to download EA games for free. You need to log out of your Microsoft store account in the app and log back in. Then open up your Xbox app and its going to ask you that you have two different accounts to link. Choose your Xbox account to be primary with games and purchases. This should fix the problem. You might have to rebuy the subscription but you wont lose any game data or nothing and it'll cost 1 dollar to buy the game pass again. then open up EA app and this will allow you to download any of the games you we're supposed to be allowed to download in the first place. I believe that the Microsoft store account and Xbox account having two different email will cause the EA app make it think the that you don't own the game pass because one of the email doesn't have the subscription. Im sorry that if anything that i said doesn't make any sense but At least try to look into it with the steps and the things that I've said.
Message 30 of 33 (42,924 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help