Re: EA needs to get their priorities straight.

by Asmodeus566

Original Post

EA needs to get their priorities straight.

★★★★★ Novice

At least one real person must have taken the time to read the "harassment" report i got on me for me to get an e-mail about it and them to issue me a warning.

I find this annoying for one reason: I'm smallfry, an insignificant spec on the radar compared to the amount of cheating reports i file on a daily basis against "real cheaters" only to run into them again a week or so later. They need to be focusing on perma-banning these cheaters instead of taking the time to issue me a warning for something yanked out of context.

Message 1 of 12 (573 Views)

Champion

You're a small spec, though you make part of other users that engage in this kind of activity, so logically the priorities seem to be correct.

Most cheater bans are handed out by an automatic detection system, it's pretty hard to see who is cheating, especially for us users that lack the exact tools to do so.

Even if it was taken out of context, be reminded that not every user will take a comment in it's intended shape/form.

So it could be seen as you breaking the rules, which in that case, it would be an appropriate action taken.

The team that deals with cheaters is most likely different from the team that handles players report related to harassment and so forth.

If you really do feel like this was an incorrect action, you can always dispute the ban by following the steps in this article:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/information-about-locked-or-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

Message 2 of 12 (523 Views)

★ Pro
@deathsia250 yeah, seriously. I've reported so many cheaters and have never received an email stating that action was taken, except one time and that was because a person on my team directly msg'ed his contact at Respawn.
Message 3 of 12 (514 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA Players will not spend as much if cheaters are left to reproduce. The apex universe is amazing, the writing, the acting is top notch, but the cheating drives huge money elsewhere. You want players to think about logging on to Apex and only Apex on their way home from work, that's not going to happen if you don't invest in reaching the apex of game development. Get er done.

Also while I'm here, the right stick aim movement, hard to get very fine aim adjustments, cod does this well. 

Message 4 of 12 (461 Views)

@deathsia250 

Um abusing the reporting system can land you in trouble. 

Read the ToS.

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 5 of 12 (451 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Asmodeus566 Don't start a sentence with Um. You're welcome.
Message 6 of 12 (449 Views)

@RaisinFlakes 

Ummm really?

The needs of the many,

Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 7 of 12 (447 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Asmodeus566Yes, really. EA's top standards shining through right here. EA's Apex Um. Get in the game, son.

Message 8 of 12 (430 Views)

@RaisinFlakes 

Hey there, no need to get all high and mighty on language issues that are really not all that important and attempting to see this as an EA standard. 

With that in mind lets both of use try and not to derail the thread from the main topic of the OP.

As I mentioned before, if one abuses the reporting system one can end up in violation of the ToS.

The needs of the many,

Message 9 of 12 (422 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Asmodeus566 Last time I checked the ToS language issues are extremely important. I'll remind you as an EA representative to please consider using something other than 'Um' and 'high and mighty' when talking to a customer.

Thank you for your time.
Message 10 of 12 (410 Views)