EA has contempt for their customers

by Anonymous

Original Post

EA has contempt for their customers

Anonymous

I'm a first time battlefield player with BFV although I briefly demoed BF1 when it first came out. Nevertheless this is the first BF purchase I've made and frankly I feel completely hoodwinked. 

You released an MVP of a game and outsourced all the UAT to your customers at their cost. This game is a complete heaping pile of garbage. I tried to play tonight and promptly gave up and uninstalled the game. You'll get no more money from me EA or Dice.

A small list of bugs:

- invisible players

- tanks on top of airplane hangars on aerodome

- shots not registering

- multiple headshots to produce a death?

- bullets mysteriously bending around or over rocks to kill a person

- viewing angle bugs

- rocks or buildings obstructing your ability to shoot when laying prone

- getting stuck traversing terrain

- game design logic is abhorrently bad. 

- other game players: you've put such a premium on team play that the game is unplayable without belonging to a clan or team. 

I could go on but you already know all this.

Message 1 of 6 (430 Views)

Re: EA has contempt for their customers

[ Edited ]

Visibility is an issue but invisible players were fixed.

Tanks can go up on the hangers in they want, this has happened in every BF game.

Shots not registering is a ping issue; try switching to a different region.

Different bullets do different amounts of damage so multiple headshots can sometimes be needed.

Bullet bending, again, is a ping issue - one of you was lagging.

I don't know what you mean by viewing angle bugs, can you explain please?

You're sticking your barrel into those objects, of course they are going to affect your shooting.

They made improvements but yes, terrain traversal can still be better.

What about the game design don't you like? Need to be a little more constructive than that.

Team play is what Battlefield is all about though? There are plenty of platoons out there who are more than willing to accept new members. SAP, GAWA, and FNB are some of my favourites.

By all means, finish your list - the team can't work on things players don't give feedback on.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 6 (414 Views)

Anonymous

Re: Ping issue. That's a cop out. I live in LA and connect only to West Coast servers and play consistently at 33-40ms. I never play on servers out of region. This is not a layer 1-3 issue; this is a software architecture/design issue.  I play on a PS4 Pro with 100mb up/down connection. 

Re: bullets doing different damage - I get that but from under 100 meters, a headshot is instantaneous death whether it comes from a pistol, rifle or machine gun or Flak gun. Speaking of which, why the heck would a person ever survive more than a single shot from a Flak gun? That's just irretrievably stupid.   Kinda like a 50 cal rifle that can shoot out walls, while it takes two panzerfausts.  The logic is bewildering behind this design. 

You may think BF is a team game, but it isn't.  You don't even know where your team is when once you've spawned. I've literally seen one person talk using their microphone in 100hrs of gaming. That person just cursed and vented frustration at the bugs in the game.  Team play is accidental outcome of BF, so congrats on your smashing design success.   

I am happy to provide a full list of improvements that you can make to your game design and strategy, but I'll expect a complete refund for the game purchase. UAT isn't free and I'm not wasting any more time playing this hot mess of game.

Message 3 of 6 (389 Views)

[ Edited ]

You can play the game on NASA's super computers and there will still be a chance something can go haywire, especially when the person you hit is lagging. I live in Vancouver and play on my day 1 launch ps4 with 11ms average ping and can occasionally come across some hinky situations but it's just not worth the stress.

I admit it's pretty stupid a point-blank shot might not kill someone but at the end of the day, it's still a game that needs to throw away some realism for balance and fun. Revolvers, (bolt) snipers, and shotguns will be able to one shot players within range.

Well, the core Battlefield experience revolves around large scale fights and teamplay - whether players utilize that fully is up to them. I'm mainly a solo player and 99% of players don't use their mics which is a shame - some argue it's all the cod kids switching over to bf, some say kids are just anti-social, I don't know but one thing I do know is a platoon drastically changes that; they won't always use mics but once you find that small group within the group, you'll have much more fun.

You won't get a refund after playing the game (xbox), downloading the game (PS), and going past the gameplay limit (PC). I completely understand the frustrations, but there isn't a whole lot more you can do and I can really say on AHQ. I took part in a BF1 event the other day and it was super fun, even on European servers so maybe look into getting a cheap copy of that - it's my 2nd fav BF title next to BF3

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 4 of 6 (381 Views)

★★ Guide
@TTZ_Dipsy I agree with most of this but the following is incorrect: You're sticking your barrel into those objects, of course they are going to affect your shooting.
The hitboxes for objects can be much larger than the visual object on your screen. I have had many instances where I would try to shoot over a box by what would be about 6 inches irl and my bullets hit the box, not the target. This is on pc so other platforms may react differently.

I also think this one could be worded differently: Shots not registering is a ping issue; try switching to a different region.
I have a gigabit connection with an average ping of 14-16 on east coast servers and my bullets don't register on higher ping players most likely not in my region. They need to switch, not me. If I remember right this ping compensation was implemented in BF1 but i could be wrong.
Message 5 of 6 (326 Views)

★★ Guide
@Anonymous - tanks on top of airplane hangars on aerodome is definitely a Battlefield type of thing and i am going to try it now that I know. Thanks for that.
Message 6 of 6 (325 Views)