EA has confirmed servers don't work but game won't be refunded.

by S4DN3ZZ

Original Post

Highlighted

EA has confirmed servers don't work but game won't be refunded.

★★★ Newbie

So myself and all of the other players from South Africa are unable to play on the Breakthrough or Hazard Zone servers on Battlefield 2042 as the matchmaking servers for this region are not working (disclosed by EA via Live Support Chat), with no fix planned for the issue.

When I try to request a refund from EA they state I need to ask Steam Support as the game was bought through them and EA don't see any profit from this (lies). Steam then refuses to refund the game due to a play time of over 2 hours long. This is extremely unfair and unjust as Conquest games typically take about 30 minutes, with players from South Africa waiting in matchmaking queues for Hazard Zone and Breakthrough up to 30 minutes, not knowing the servers for those two modes do not work (happened to me on more than one occasion) until they have to literally log a live chat to find out what's going on. By this time the player has exceeded their 2 hour maximum play time and can longer request a refund for a game they paid full price for but do not have full access to (as promised).

EA, please urgently see to a fix on your servers or remove your game from South African stores (both physical and online) as you will not be making provision or effort to allow for full access to the games experience.

Message 1 of 11 (1,510 Views)

EA confirmed South African do not work

★★★ Newbie

So myself and all of the other players from South Africa are unable to play on the Breakthrough or Hazard Zone servers on Battlefield 2042 as the matchmaking servers for this region are not working (disclosed by EA via Live Support Chat), with no fix planned for the issue.

When I try to request a refund from EA they state I need to ask Steam Support as the game was bought through them and EA don't see any profit from this (lies). Steam then refuses to refund the game due to a play time of over 2 hours long. This is extremely unfair and unjust as Conquest games typically take about 30 minutes, with players from South Africa waiting in matchmaking queues for Hazard Zone and Breakthrough up to 30 minutes, not knowing the servers for those two modes do not work (happened to me on more than one occasion) until they have to literally log a live chat to find out what's going on. By this time the player has exceeded their maximum play time and can longer request a refund for a game they paid full price for but do not have full access to (as promised).

EA, please urgently see to a fix on your servers as gamers have paid full price for a game they were promised full access to, but do not have.

Message 2 of 11 (1,494 Views)

Re: EA has confirmed servers don't work but game won't be refunded.

★★★ Guide

Hello @S4DN3ZZ,

There is no need for concern, this is most likely a temporary issue that will be fixed in the shortest time possible.

Best Regards,

danisoff

Message 3 of 11 (1,500 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi @danisoff,

EA had confirmed with me that there is no ETA on a fix or that a fix is currently being worked on.

Regards,

Message 4 of 11 (1,494 Views)

Re: EA confirmed South African do not work

★★★★ Guide

Could someone (hero or above) please point this guy in the right direction.

An official DICE response would be appreciated 👍 

Message 5 of 11 (1,456 Views)

★ Novice

LIES

Message 6 of 11 (1,471 Views)

★★★ Guide

@S4DN3ZZ 

Unfortunately, you will just have to wait for the fix, as you have stated I don't think you can refund the game.

Best Regards,

danisoff

Message 7 of 11 (1,417 Views)

★★ Novice

Same thing here in Colorado, I can play,,,,, only after and hr or so of error cdes and then it works.

Message 8 of 11 (1,395 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is False advertising we paid to for a game and Hazard zone was the new mode that was advertised.

And it was not excluded from South Africa

Message 9 of 11 (1,212 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

#metoo

Message 10 of 11 (1,191 Views)