Re: EA bans good players? (that aren't famous streamers)

by Balzano

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@gibbleguts  What about that one CS:GO pro player who hid a no recoil scrip on a flash drive and brought it too a tournament and got caught ?!?!?! MMMMM MMMMMMMMMMHHHHHH 

Message 21 of 39 (589 Views)

★★ Apprentice

None of us know EA's processes for determining cheaters, this is for good reason. 

If EA released that they monitored specific mouse/keyboard actions that indicate cheating then developers of cheats would randomize the functionality of their cheat to bypass automatic flagging detection.  I would wager that they do not have cheat detection scanning every single players mouse and keyboard actions 24/7 as the processing power required to do that for up to millions of players probably does not exist.  What the report system does is flag accounts to be scanned, this tool probably views dozens of various statistics that are common among aim botters/togglers/speed and ESP hackers.  This is why seemingly various hackers have 100's of wins, because they pay for a premium service ($100's of dollars) that randomizes actions enough that it gets past automatic detection.  Continued reports even after this automatic detection likely results in an admin manually viewing video evidence and caused the unfortunate circumstance of this player getting banned for cheating as the top 0.1% of aimers are so good that they can be indistinguishable from hackers at various times.  

On top of the aforementioned methods EA probably has teams of people infiltrating various private and public hacks to deep dive into how these hackers have not only bypassed EAC, but how exactly they operate so they can add it to a list of actions that can be quickly confirmed to be affiliated to a specific cheat so when an account is flagged for cheating from numerous reports, it can be matched against a database of known cheat programs.

After that we all know what happens, when caught a HWID ban is issued and any time a person logs in under a new account with matching hardware the ban is reissued.  Issues are now arising with how easy it is to bypass HWID bans, but it looks like EA is now testing out new banning methods against egregious offenders

You really can't blame EA for a 1 in a million ban (if what you're saying is true and he isn't using any exploits/macros/hacks) because their is many layers beforehand, stuff happens, and if they review the account I am sure they'll find he wasn't cheating and unban him. 

Message 22 of 39 (578 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@gibbleguts

Then why does every player that's 'falsely' banned on the forums say if cheating is bannable, then to 'ban streamers too'? And why are those same people saying you can enable cheats from within the game?

I don't think streamers that have a large following are, they've been playing FPS games for a long time. People who have been playing fps's a long time don't need aimbot. Flatout. They don't want it, they don't need it.

But someone that thinks he just became very skilled overnight and thinks his aimbot is undetectable; it isn't. If you want to be respected on Apex or gain a following, you should put in some work. FPS aim is a skill, especially in Apex. Being one of the latest in FPS games, it should be treated like one. It's mocked because everyone is on the same level using a bot.

Message 23 of 39 (556 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yup so i just got my response from EA after 2 WEEKS of no reply that I'm permanently banned from Apex because i was "Cheating". I most certainly wasn't and they don't even care to investigate properly. They just take your money then say "thanks, please take one of our complimentary banned crackers, also....here's some lube" Whatever, I'm done trying and will get my money back. I wont be surprised if people start charging back all purchases. Its just a shame because i really really enjoyed the game and NEVER had an issue with EA since i purchased Battlefield:Bad Company. Way to take care of your customers. Thanks EA!

Message 24 of 39 (543 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah mate exact same situation for me, been gaming for 7 years never used cheats and never been banned from any game, until one day i tried to log in and out of nowhere my account i chose to put money on has a perm ban. wait 2 weeks with little to no response and just get an email back saying they recon they made the right choice, absolute joke tbh. I understand cheaters are a problem in this game and bans can be given by mistake but check your anti-cheat software because its obviously not working correctly and after 2 weeks and an apparent "review" i have no idea how they can think they made the right decision.

Message 25 of 39 (521 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Actually , anyone can be falsely banned.

If you install Autohotkey on ur PC, there is a good chance EAC will trigger alert without checking what the actual script is.

There are many cases that people are falsely banned because of AHK.

Message 26 of 39 (512 Views)

★★★ Guide
Cheating isn't restricted to Aimbot and speedhack. You can have macros for bunnyjump, HB-hop and other things.

Every single bug you abuse and exploit with scripts and so on is bannable. If they find something remotely close to it you will get banned.

I am curious as to how the mail from EA looks when you get banned? Anyone able to post it? Does it say the reason for your ban?
Message 27 of 39 (507 Views)

★★ Guide

@Balzano wrote:
Cheating isn't restricted to Aimbot and speedhack. You can have macros for bunnyjump, HB-hop and other things.

Every single bug you abuse and exploit with scripts and so on is bannable. If they find something remotely close to it you will get banned.

I am curious as to how the mail from EA looks when you get banned? Anyone able to post it? Does it say the reason for your ban?

word!

Message 28 of 39 (499 Views)

Hey @Balzano

I recommend googling if you are curious how these mails look like.

I don't want to post a example as i respect players privacy even when the names are blurred out.

When a action gets actioned, with a suspension or ban, they will always receive a email with a explanation.
Even when they appeal the ban everything will be explained again and if the account was actioned correctly or not.

Zeelmaekers

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 29 of 39 (487 Views)

★ Guide
Just because you havn't seen a player cheat dosn't mean he hasn't. Im sure some people were cheating then turned their cheats off once the ban hammers started dropping.

I have no idea how these cheats work but i am guessing they can be turned on or off somehow, meaning players are not nessecarily cheating all the tme
Message 30 of 39 (453 Views)