EA banned my account for a failed transaction

by WANG_ZAI

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA banned my account for a failed transaction

★★★ Newbie

I bought 4000 APEX coins through origin via my own PayPal. Money left my debit card as soon as I receive the 4000 coins. On the following day, I found my account got banned. I checked my email and found that there's a chargeback on PayPal I did not ask for been received.

Am I doing anything wrong that cause me to lose my account because of the transaction issue between PayPal and Origin?

I tried to open a few cases to dispute, but they only responded like a robot. "We have performed all investigations possible on this issue and will not reverse the decision, Please do not expect further responses on this matter. "

I'm really confused about this. Do they really have any investigation on that? My account is worth about 1.2k USD by the way. I'm really pissed off.

Message 1 of 4 (862 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA banned my account for a failed transaction

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team @WANG_ZAI.

If our team has denied multiple appeals then there is nothing anyone can do to change this. 

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (738 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert
@WANG_ZAI Contact chat support man. Standard smile
Message 2 of 4 (837 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've got a lot of experience with chargeback (work experience), and to be honest, if you really did it, you deserve to be banned.

In other hand, if it wasn't done by you, you can easily prove it to the EA and get your account unlocked

First you would need to contact paypal regarding the chargeback and why it was done, and after you've done that, you would need to contact EA support with proof (screenshoots of your conversation with paypal support/make sure to include a real proof from paypal as their email or anything that can be seen in the screenshoot), with that they would have to unlock your account and let you in once again.

Message 3 of 4 (811 Views)

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team @WANG_ZAI.

If our team has denied multiple appeals then there is nothing anyone can do to change this. 

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (739 Views)