EA account not connecting to my Xbox account. Tried many things; none worked.

by JayVille74

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA account not connecting to my Xbox account. Tried many things; none worked.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Alright. So a couple days ago when I went to try and play EA Play games through Game Pass, I got this:

"Something went wrong... To continue linking your EA Account, head back and start over."

Xbox-PC-App

I read somewhere that you could link your EA account by going through the EA Desktop App doing the "Import Friends" which gave me this: 

"Looks like your Xbox account is already connected to another EA Account. Unlink accounts or try linking a different Xbox account."

EA-Desktop-App

Some people said that clearing the cache of the Desktop App would fix this. It did not.

After that, I tried going through https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/link-your-console-accounts/ and linking my account by logging in with my Xbox account which gave me this:

"Your EA credentials have expired and need to be updated. Please reset your password."

I've reset my password many times now I'm all out of password ideas.

Lastly, I contacted EA support to find out if my Xbox account was actually connected to an EA account and they told me that it was not. Anybody figure this mess out?

Edit: Removed image with email visible. Please keep these details private. -CM

Message 1 of 16 (8,018 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA account not connecting to my Xbox account. Tried many things; none worked

Community Manager

Hi there, @JayVille74.

This message can happen when you already have an Xbox gamertag linked to it. I can see there is one already linked so I'm not sure why support told you there wasn't. Unless you gave them a different account than the one you're posting with. You can try contacting an advisor again and give them the gamertag you're trying to play on. They'll be able to look up the account it's linked to.To contact an advisor, please try messaging @EAHelp through Twitter or open a case with a live support advisor here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/. You can also go to facebook.com/eahelphub to get in touch with support. They'll look into this for you. Thanks!

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (7,970 Views)

All Replies

Re: EA account not connecting to my Xbox account. Tried many things; none worked

Community Manager

Hi there, @JayVille74.

This message can happen when you already have an Xbox gamertag linked to it. I can see there is one already linked so I'm not sure why support told you there wasn't. Unless you gave them a different account than the one you're posting with. You can try contacting an advisor again and give them the gamertag you're trying to play on. They'll be able to look up the account it's linked to.To contact an advisor, please try messaging @EAHelp through Twitter or open a case with a live support advisor here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/. You can also go to facebook.com/eahelphub to get in touch with support. They'll look into this for you. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 16 (7,971 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo I figured it out. The one you see now is the newly linked account. Wasn't sure how to close this topic.
Message 3 of 16 (7,963 Views)

Community Manager

@JayVille74 

Great! Glad you got it taken care of. If you have any other issues, please reach out again. Have fun!

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 16 (7,956 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

HOW YOU NEVER SAID

Message 5 of 16 (7,880 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@JayVille74 What was the solution
Message 6 of 16 (7,455 Views)

Community Manager

@Vwhited53 

Please try contacting @EAHelp through Twitter or open a case with a live support advisor here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/. You can also go to facebook.com/eahelphub to get in touch with support. They'll look into this for you. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 7 of 16 (7,445 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this very same issue. I’ve tried working with customer service with no such luck. 

Message 8 of 16 (6,373 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What did you have to tell them to link your new account? I keep getting the response to find my old email or gamer tag and I’m lost. It’s been 10 years.

Message 9 of 16 (6,371 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, @Fallen1924 

Knowing the previous email is needed in order to unlink the accounts. You'll need to go through some account ownership verification before any changes can be made.

Aljo.png
Message 10 of 16 (6,347 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help