Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

EA, Why are you punishing those who pay full price with late access?

by Varashnarath

Original Post

Highlighted

EA, Why are you punishing those who pay full price with late access?

★★★★ Novice

The chart you provided was an abomination. Full paying customers get late access unless they cough up £15 more for Premier Origin access, for a game that will be riddled with £20 "microtransactions".

You will kill Bioware, like all those companies you've killed before.

Message 1 of 55 (805 Views)

Re: EA, Why are you punishing those who pay full price with late access?

★★★ Guide

At least PC users can get early access. Not so for PS4. Maybe the should release the physical and digital PS4 versions on Feb 15th also Thinking

Message 2 of 55 (794 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Yah, that might actually be single dumbest thing they did.  Preorders should have all gotten early access.  (Loads of other games have released that way...)

Message 3 of 55 (792 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Katevolution wrote:

At least PC users can get early access. Not so for PS4. Maybe the should release the physical and digital PS4 versions on Feb 15th also Thinking

Be glad you're not incentivised to fork out another $15

Message 4 of 55 (786 Views)

★★★★ Guide

They paid full price as well, ON TOP of a monthly subscription.  So those people are paying more then you are in the long run.  I honestly dont care, its going to be a pain waiting till the 22nd, but Im not going to whine like an entitled child because those paying for a sub get early access.

Message 5 of 55 (761 Views)

★★ Pro

@IFoxxian wrote:

They paid full price as well, ON TOP of a monthly subscription.  So those people are paying more then you are in the long run.  I honestly dont care, its going to be a pain waiting till the 22nd, but Im not going to whine like an entitled child because those paying for a sub get early access.

Yes, we could just as easily say "why shouldn't people that pay the sub as well get early access?", its because they are supporting the company more than others that don't sub and in the end its good for us, more money coming in = hopefully more and better content. I would also point out if we want cheaper microtransactions and for them to only be cosmetic, it will be mainly because of the people subbing. Personally, I don't have a sub, doesn't mean I don't see the benefit of them.

Message 6 of 55 (745 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Not necessarily. I bought the LoD edition, which is $80. One can buy the standard edition for $60 and the sub for early access for $15 which is $75. If anything the LoD edition should grant you early access.
Message 7 of 55 (742 Views)

★★ Guide

They are not punishing you. It's business. 

They want you to subscribe to OAP.

If you don't want it... don't subscribe.

Message 8 of 55 (722 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Varashnarath wrote:

The chart you provided was an abomination. Full paying customers get late access unless they cough up £15 more for Premier Origin access, for a game that will be riddled with £20 "microtransactions".

You will kill Bioware, like all those companies you've killed before.

This smells of desperation to get it ASAP post. So, I draw from this that you will buy it regardless. So, why would they not do what they do if they see more of the people like you?

Message 9 of 55 (712 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I’m 99% sure they aren’t “punishing” anyone with “late access” so much as protecting people who pre-ordered (as well as themselves) from a bunch of refunds over any potential first day issues, since you can only request a refund within 24 hours of first launching the game (or 72 hours if technical issues were so bad you couldn’t play at all). You saw how many people threw a hissy fit over a six weeks old demo having bugs that were fixed within a week.

Early access is not a bonus. It’s “early access.” It’s like saying putting food on the table before it had a minute to cool down enough to eat is a “bonus.” Someone’s going to get burned and demand compensation. People who get early access are those who are paying $15 or less per month for accessing most of the games on Origin. EA is letting them be the test grabbits for the live build. If everything goes well I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they grant early access to those who pre-ordered as well. But they are not promising the game will be ready until 22th. That’s how I see it.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 10 of 55 (709 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help