Re: EA Tennis?

by ivrognard

Original Post

EA Tennis?

★★★ Newbie

Why does EA dislike Tennis so much?? Tennis is the third most popular sport globally, all 4 of the top tennis series have sold millions and there hasn't been a proper tennis game on the market in 10 years.........Tennis is is at a new height of popularity and the market is wide open, but EA completely neglects Tennis , when similar sports are getting a revival ( Golf). 

Message 1 of 5 (518 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Nardy20 ,

I also like Tennis so I totally get your point, Grand Slam Tennis 2 was released in 2012, so it would be refreshing to have a brand new Tennis game! I will forward your feedback to the teams, knowing that players would like that type of sport game could help changing things Standard smile

Cath-1-222

Quelqu'un vous vient en aide? Vous pouvez lui donner un peu d'XP
Votre problème est résolu? N'hésitez pas à Accepter une solution sur votre sujet
*Je ne réponds pas aux messages privés*
Message 2 of 5 (461 Views)
Highlighted

@Nardy20 i agree that we have very few tennis games in the past decade.

We used to have Virtua Tennis and Top Spin as the top series, but both series are on hold. The recent AO Tennis series and Tennis World Tour are only mediocre. So it would be nice to see EA developing a tennis video game.

I've played my share of titles on various consoles and PC, with Wimbledon Championship Tennis still having a spot in my heart (old Sega Genesis/Mega Drive title), and i am still waiting to see something decent developed recently. After Virtua Tennis and Top Spin disappeared, anything i've tried after those two was either boring or with poorly executed gameplay mechanics. Only two had the potential to become great, but...the development ceased and none of the outstanding issues were solved. Hence, my support for a tennis title developed by EA, as they have the manpower and the resources to develop a great game. 

I still have some of the Virtua Tennis games on PC (discs or digital release), none of the Top Spin, due to the poor discs being abused beyond repair. So i can at least still play Virtua Tennis. But the games do show their age.  

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 3 of 5 (430 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That's great to hear, i hope they get back to you. 

Message 4 of 5 (413 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Looks like it might be happening after all!!!

Message 5 of 5 (344 Views)