Re: EA Support - Lousy Experience

by THISaint

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA Support - Lousy Experience

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm aware that my account level is very low. In fact, despite owning several games on Origin, I think Alice: Madness Returns was the only one I played 100%, and it didn't grant me any experience!

Anyway, I'd like to say I asked for support regarding Mass Effect 1. I own the game in Steam, and I have a legit CD Key that came from Steam that supposedly should allow me to activate the game in my Origin library. Turns out I got an "invalid key" error, so I contacted EA Support to know what's going on.

They spent several minutes looking into my account (maybe into my criminal record too, who knows, since it took so long and all), and in the end I got the same old excuse; can't comply with your request, since Steam and Origin versions for that game are incompatible. Everyone knows that's not true, and this procedure has been done before with other users that owned the game in Steam and wanted to add it on their Origin library. In fact, I have friends that went through this procedure. But somehow Mr. R. Mayank said that's not possible, that their procedures are "for one and for all". I don't buy your PR speech, and I'll think twice or thrice before purchasing any of EA products again. Codex and cpy sell the game cheaper after all.

Best regards,

Rui

Message 1 of 2 (270 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)
Hmm, I believe they should be able to add the game to your account if you have bought it at Steam.

Try contacting them through the call back option.

Usually the representatives who get in touch with you via phone are more qualified for the job and can get the job done.

Good luck!

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (356 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
Hmm, I believe they should be able to add the game to your account if you have bought it at Steam.

Try contacting them through the call back option.

Usually the representatives who get in touch with you via phone are more qualified for the job and can get the job done.

Good luck!
Message 2 of 2 (357 Views)