Re: EA STOP GIVING ME A BAN WHEN I LAG OUT.

by sceptic-noob

Original Post

EA STOP GIVING ME A BAN WHEN I LAG OUT.

★★★ Newbie

I'm in the middle of a match and my parents are working on things in their office and they turn my wifi off for half a second. The game has given me two ten min bans because of things I cant control. Either fix your stupid ban system or implement a system where you can rejoin the game to not be penalized or be penalized if you dont join back so that the people who lag out dont get banned. This is ridiculous I don't have much time to play and having 20 min cutout of my time because of stuff I can't control is really starting to make me want to uninstall this game.

Please fix this its frustrating to no end that I lag out and that my friends are still in the match so I know I can rejoin. Like seriously ubisoft made it where you had the option to rejoin the ranked games. Why not just do that give them an option of being penalized or or rejoining the game it's that dang simple.

Message 1 of 10 (1,546 Views)

★★★ Expert

You can control the situation, just don't play ranked / arenas when you know for sure that your connection will get interrupted. The disconnection occurs at your place, from the server's perspective it looks like you're disconnecting yourself and it's impossible to know who turned wi-fi off. The penalty makes sense in this case, leavers and people circumventing / exploiting the systems in game to avoid loss are ruining the experience for others.

Message 2 of 10 (1,509 Views)

★★ Pro
@DoYaSeeMe There is a reconnect feature for those inevitable situations, which doesn't seem to work half the time. Nobody knows when and how unfortunate things could happen leading to your disconnect, but it could be made sure that the safeguard i.e. Reconnect works properly.

Even getting ddosed or whole server getting booted gives you penalty now!
Message 3 of 10 (1,506 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@ILostT0LobaEvery connection goes through a number of nodes. If all nodes between you and the server are up and running, it's pretty clear that the disconnection happened at your place. In that case, I don't think the reconnection feature applies. There are good reasons for that, one of them being that many internet users get a different IP from the provider when restarting their network connection or when reconnecting to the vpn, if they use one.

DDoS is something very few actually understand what it is. Everyone thinks it's aimed at the server, but in most cases it's the players that are the targets. It's much more difficult to take down a server, as they usually have protection and bandwidth to support serious attacks, but the average internet user has neither of these, and it doesn't take much to down a user's connection. Also, most attackers rely on players remaining connected so that they can take them down and get RP, so they do low scale attacks. Most of the time it's the players who actually shut down their connection / game to get out of those matches, so the reality on the server looks as if some players with arguably bad connections decided to call it quits.

When a server is under attack, there are systems in place that can detect this and I don't think those disconnections result in penalties.

Message 4 of 10 (1,499 Views)

★★ Pro
@DoYaSeeMe Reconnect applies even if you manually disconnect from the server. I have done this a few times in slow MO lobbies(season 8) to see if reconnect solves the problem, but yeah slow mo is faulty server(confirmed by Respawn) so didn't solve the problem.

Afaik, if you get ddosed - code net, try to reconnect then code leaf, do it again code cloud. I have myself encountered this combo a fair amount of times, and have got penalized for it.
Message 5 of 10 (1,493 Views)

★ Guide

@cheneyplay1 

The modem is yours. If you can't control the modem that's your problem. Think about it this way. You are playing a game and your game fun is spoiled because your teammate is out of the game. I hate when my teammate leave in playing game
I recommend not playing Arena and Ranked until you find a modem that you can control yourself.

Message 6 of 10 (1,484 Views)

★★★ Expert
@ILostT0Loba How do you do the manual disconnect though? You can terminate the connection or interrupt it and then reestablish it before it times out In OP's case, the connection was clearly terminated by user action (the parents). If you take out the cable or go outside of range (wifi), it may look like an accidental disconnection and you will probably be able to reconnect if you manage to reestablish the connection before the timeout that marks the connection as terminated.

There are explanations for these error codes. "The 'code:leaf' Apex Legends error means that the game asked to connect to a server and the server never sent a response. On the other hand, the 'code:net' error means that the game was on a server which suddenly became non-responsive." In translation, if you got disconnected during a match, you will get code net first, and code leaf when trying to connect but without success. If you get DDoSed, it means that your bandwidth is congested, and you are able to get or send very few or no data packets at all. from the server's perspective, you look like someone with a bad connection and it gives you a penalty after you fail to connect because it can't tell whether you're under attack or simply decided to pull off the cable in an attempt to avoid a loss.
Message 7 of 10 (1,473 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, it does not happen in any other game. It’s absolutely the most aggravating thing my friends and I moved onto war zone instead of apex!! Because.. they did not fix the damn problem yet. So I did.

Message 8 of 10 (1,052 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Best response on the web..

Message 9 of 10 (1,033 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@ILostT0Loba wrote:
@DoYaSeeMeThere is a reconnect feature for those inevitable situations, which doesn't seem to work half the time. Nobody knows when and how unfortunate things could happen leading to your disconnect, but it could be made sure that the safeguard i.e. Reconnect works properly.

Even getting ddosed or whole server getting booted gives you penalty now!

I got to test the reconnect feature thoroughly this season because of the client crashes that was early season where I crashed every 3rd game, and that went for the rest of the team too (we had one client crash every ranked game...), it worked every time, none of us got negative RP. Ofcourse if the game is over you are to late so you have to ask your team to keep safe til you can reconnect though. And when you play solo that is a challenge, since youre not on discord or similar and can holler out your unfortunate situation.

A good change to the system today would be if reconnects count also after the game was done within so and so many minutes so you could avoid the penalty,.

Yes you get pen even when ddosed or the ddos would be a technique to avoid getting negative RP, just saying. Some things are there for a reason, even if its unconvenient.

Message 10 of 10 (993 Views)