EA SPORTS PGA TOUR - Deep Dives

by EA_Illium

Original Post

EA SPORTS PGA TOUR - Deep Dives

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Update March 21, 2023!!!

Hey PGA Fans!

If you are excited about the upcoming EA SPORTS PGA TOUR and want to know more we've got you covered. 

Below is an index of the Deep Dive blogs the team has released so far about the upcoming sports game. These dives can cover alot of interesting features and design decisions. 

If you haven't yet I would recommend giving them a read, we will update this thread as new ones are released on EA SPORTS PGA TOUR News Page

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 1 of 69 (7,479 Views)

Re: EA SPORTS PGA TOUR - Deep Dives

★★★ Novice

Any update on when we'll see more deep dives?  Courses, Career Mode, Multiplayer etc...

Message 2 of 69 (7,329 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @southernSNIDELY Thanks for reaching out and checking, currently we do not have any other deep dives to share! you can always keep an eye here and on the official news site linked above for any new communication from the team.

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 3 of 69 (7,314 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

In the description of the Deep Dive Gameplay, they said some time in February is a Course Deep Dive. So really it could drop at any time.

last line of the description is "Stay tuned for our Deep Dive on all our Courses coming in February. "

Message 4 of 69 (7,302 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Why is the game only running 30FPS? Will it eventually be in 60FPS?

Message 5 of 69 (7,196 Views)

★ Guide

I sure hope the next time we see fresh gameplay footage it looks a LOT smoother.

I can't believe how stuttery and herky-jerky so much of the gameplay/ball rolling is in the trailer footage.

That doesn't appear to be a 30fps issue, but more so a game engine/optimization issue ... or perhaps a problem with how the video was captured

You definitely can have very smooth ball flight and roll with "only" 30fps -- and it wasn't there in that trailer.

Message 6 of 69 (7,151 Views)

★ Apprentice

Looked good enough. Seems like the only putt shown in the trailer the camera angle changed and it looked a little funky but I think it was more from the video editing than actual gameplay. Watched it 4k and man it looks really beautiful.

Message 7 of 69 (7,031 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I suspect they are running it a 30 FPS because all the other enhanced EA games that are currently running at 60 FPS are all having issues, shutting down consoles, frying consoles and PC’s GPU’s. I suspect they’ve seen what is occurring on other games. 

and then update it to 60 FPS, along side sorting the other issues with the other games 

Message 8 of 69 (6,864 Views)

Champion

@birdyboy1998000 wrote:

I suspect they are running it a 30 FPS because all the other enhanced EA games that are currently running at 60 FPS are all having issues, shutting down consoles, frying consoles and PC’s GPU’s. 

I'm personally aware of some issues with F1 2021 causing XBOX Series consoles to shut down early on in its life-cycle but there is no equivalent issue with F1 23. No consoles were 'fried' that I'm aware of though. I played both games at 120 Hz without issue on my PS5. 

What specific issues are you aware of?

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 69 (6,844 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

The issues relating to Fifa 21, Fifa 22 and now Fifa 23 as well as Madden 23 continually shutting down consoles and PC’s and continually getting ignored by people at EA about this issue, all on PS5 or Xbox series X/S and a lot of PC’s. In all these cases it is specifically the one particular game that does it. 

But can play the Xbox one version or PS4 version of fifa 23 and have no problems at all. 

if you look at the threads in Fifa and madden, to which there are lots, you will see that most are being ignored. 

on another note I’ve been through the whole process with members from EA and continually say that it’s a console issue, however been speaking to Microsoft and some other people who I know in the industry who have said it’s a game fault. I have 33 games on my Xbox across an expansion card and an external hard drive as well as internal and out of all them, Fifa 23 series x is the only one that has the issue, likewise before it was only enhanced versions of Fifa 21 and 22. In the nearly 2 years I’ve had the console only those games. 

this isn’t a moan at all, I am genuinely looking forward to this PGA, however I’m very hesitant at wanting to get it because of the issues involving Fifa. 

Message 10 of 69 (6,830 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help