Re: EA/Respawn does not own the servers?

by eben0

Original Post

★★ Expert
@hayhor Let's go, Hal! It would be needed. Since we got our regular playlists back I've had so many prediction errors, just prediction errors, ruining many games as it gets so laggy and choppy throughout the entire match.
Message 11 of 25 (547 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@MandatoryIDtag Yea, but that’s only if you apply it to 60Hz mentality. @apostolateofDOOM brought some additional info in. Basically improving servers for 120fps players would still be beneficial cause even tho it would be costly. It has something to do with the adding up in total.

@hayhor They definitely have a new contract already up. It’s just like re-licensing or renewing your lease for a domain name. Your old one expires and usually new one kicks into effect right away.

Hope is a thing for fools or for mothers to want to call their daughters just for the sake that their life turns out great!

Pessimism is the way to go! ‘Don’t be surprised by outcomes but embrace the ride’
Message 12 of 25 (540 Views)

Champion

@Koochi-Q  "if you apply the 60hz mentality" which is exactly what they'll do as that's the mentality that's most beneficial lol. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 13 of 25 (526 Views)

Hero
@MandatoryIDtag This hz stuff is overrated. I made it to pred on 60hz. lol

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 14 of 25 (524 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@E9ine_AC wrote:
@Cheese9ManShoot I don't see how you can not know I state this every post nearly of people complaining about EA servers. Stating they only rent the servers the games are played on. =P

My brain just flies off when you and @DoYaSeeMe spit out somr computer jargons. LOL! This is coming from a guy who doesn’t know a single thing about computers and  can’t even fix his HP printer. 🙃

Message 15 of 25 (511 Views)

Champion
@Koochi-Q When I see the term hope I think of two things-

Star Wars as the entire story is based on hope. And SW is the best so it makes me happy.

Then I also think of a certain female soccer player and get grossed out. I wont say why as it isnt PG tho.
Message 16 of 25 (498 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Switching to other servers providers is not very easy as you may think, it's not like switching the light on and off...

There are many things that need to be migrated, from APIs to DNS.

The team at Respawn will have to work on it for several weeks and some more weeks for testing.

Now, he said, that EA presumably made 1.7B revenue which is 200M more than the analyst projections.

If they did so well, changing the servers is their least concern They make money, which means everything is ticking, business-wise.

Message 17 of 25 (490 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@hayhorStar Wars is yuck...
Female soccer player... dunno, soccer sucks, just like mouths that suck on suckers

Message 18 of 25 (457 Views)

★★★ Expert

1.Increasing the tickrate will only cause more instability. Apex already eats a lot of bandwidth and puts a lot of pressure on both servers and clients in terms of processing power. By asking a 3x increase in data rate you actually ask to triple the required bandwidth while increasing the need for processing power required like 3 times. The cost for that would be way more than 3 times bigger, but it would require the whole infrastructure to be upgraded to keep up (fiber for everyone), otherwise it's a waste of money.

2. The Hybrid Cloud tech provided by Multiplay is something pretty new, so this implies they're probably using newer technology than most other companies that provide game hosting services. Switching to another hosting provider may require a serious refactoring of the game's netcode and possibly some changes on the game engine as well, highly likely too much trouble with absolutely no guarantee of improvements.

3. Maybe Multiplay should come forward with some explanations of what's going on, but players also need to understand better what these attacks are. Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) and Man in the Middle (MITM) attacks are very tricky and don't really require server breaches. Hackers know it's the players that are the vulnerable points and typically target them and the network infrastructure that's around them or the servers. At the same time, players need to understand that security in games usually comes with a huge cost on performance. The level of security can be raised, but beyond a certain point the game would become literally unplayable (seconds of delay, players kicked out of matches pretty often, a lot of issues like rubberbanding, stuttering, freezes, etc.. Hmm, seems familiar...

This is not to say that improvements can't be made. Thing is, most players have unrealistic expectations, which will never ever be met, so there will be endless disappointment. This is just a game, people!

Message 19 of 25 (440 Views)

Champion
@Koochi-Q I've deleted you from my friends list!

Also I'll tell you about the soccer player next time we play.
Message 20 of 25 (420 Views)