Re: EA Play announcements thread

by CombatMedicJoJo1

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor When cross-progression is announced(assumption), these same people will start whining about how their existing accounts weren't merged.
Message 21 of 36 (614 Views)

@BaldWraithSimp If I have an account on xbox and one on pc, why wouldn't I want them merged? They are genuine accounts! 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 22 of 36 (596 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@OldTreeCreeper Well for starters, you will have gained extra apex packs which you get by leveling up and not to mention the rewards that you get from those packs. The only solution is to keep the progress from one of the accounts with the highest levels. And you have double the chance of pulling a heirloom since they are two different accounts.
Message 23 of 36 (581 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Will cross-play be opt-in, or mandatory? Asking for a friend.

Me. I'm the friend.

Message 24 of 36 (566 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey I play Xbox and have been waiting for crossplay but it turns out there is no cross save for my pc so I was wondering if there will be keyboard and mouse support on console now because they can match make me against othe m+k players if I have that plugged in (like fortnite)

Message 25 of 36 (548 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm fully okay with just picking one platform to save and completely rewrite the other

Message 26 of 36 (533 Views)

[ Edited ]

@BaldWraithSimp that is true, 

but if  I had 2 accounts I would have earned all those packs, I would have had to put the time in playing to get them. I would still have them as I would have the 2 accounts amyways  so I don't see it as a problem.

Please note:
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 27 of 36 (518 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@OldTreeCreeper After reaching 500, you still put the time in but you don't earn any packs. Anything more than 199 packs is unfair. Having the same packs in two accounts vs having them together in one account is completely different.
Message 28 of 36 (488 Views)

[ Edited ]

@BaldWraithSimp the items in both accounts are already owned, either bought or earned, the only unfairness I can see is that if the combined accounts also combined pack totals towards a heirloom. So I would only allow a single account with the most pack total to go forward as the new combined account pack total, and not combine the 2 accounts pack totals.

Afaik there is no hard and fast rule from respawn to limit the number of accounts a person can have. So this process may involve more than 2 accounts. 

Please note:
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 29 of 36 (474 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_David How is crossplay going to work for ranked? Is that still going to be segregated?
Message 30 of 36 (447 Views)