EA Play and E3 - What are you excited for?

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: EA Play and E3 - What are you excited for?

EA DICE Team

@EgoMania @mathematics654 @ivrognard @fudgietroll @VladVonCastein

We'll be hosting a stream here on the Origin forums:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/News-Announcements/EA-Play-Livestream/td-p/6104412

Excited for tonight!

Message 11 of 42 (446 Views)

★ Pro

Yeah I'm waiting for that stream to start. I hope to get some good news tonight!

Message 12 of 42 (436 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@EgoMania

I'm pretty sure you will be excited. Lots of good stuff coming.. Party hat

Message 13 of 42 (434 Views)

★ Pro

@Straatford87 wrote:

@EgoMania

I'm pretty sure you will be excited. Lots of good stuff coming.. Party hat

Oh now stop raising my expectations! lol

You know of course I'm gonna hold you to that 

Message 14 of 42 (428 Views)

★ Pro

Well the single player campaign for BF2 looks cool, might pick that game up just for that ...IF the SP story is of a good length. Once I know how long the story is to playthrough I'll let you know if this is exciting for me.

Anthem...well, maybe it's cool, maybe not. Tomorrow we'll get more on that I guess but it was just a snippet really. So also there the jury's out on that.

For the rest...

Nope, that was it.

And not a word about Mass Effect incidentally.

Message 15 of 42 (403 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

A Way Out looks very interesting. The only other new IP was Anthem but that's been postponed to the Xbox conference. That's an odd decision, since new IPs are very rare and the EA presentation is one of the worst I've seen in years. The show could have used a good gameplay demo of Anthem, but instead padded the show with footage of sports games, and those are annual releases with minimal changes in each iteration. It's strange that they still devote so much time to them.

Battlefront II looks good. It looks like the last one but with more in it, which is exactly what people wanted. I'm very curious about the campaign.

Up next is Microsoft. I'm hyped about Anthem (since I'm a big BioWare Edmonton fan), so I hope they will show a fairly lengthy gameplay sessions.

Schedule below (click for larger image):

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 16 of 42 (390 Views)

★ Pro

I think they moved the bulk of the announcement to get the full exposure with the news about the new Scorpio console. Might be an exclusive that won't be on the PS or only much later in which case Microsoft are paying BioWare a chunk of money for the exclusivity and then it becomes clear why it would be done at the Microsoft exposé I guess.

Message 17 of 42 (383 Views)

Hero

It's certain that a big bag of money was exchanged, but I think it may be just for the exclusive demo at the conference. BioWare hasn't made an exclusive since Mass Effect 1 and I don't think that will change. Exclusives are frowned upon and BioWare can't take another hit to its reputation.

We know now that Anthem definitely won't be an exclusive. Whether it will exclude PS4 remains to be seen, but I doubt it.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 18 of 42 (375 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

That gameplay trailer of Anthem looks impressive. Kudos to BW Edmonton. Just hoping they will pull something off like Doom, cutting off some parts to optimize the game and also improving it. Fingers crossed

Message 19 of 42 (365 Views)

EA DICE Team

Here's the gameplay trailer:

Excited? Standard smile

Message 20 of 42 (363 Views)