EA Origin Membership concerns.

by DarkHaven07

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA Origin Membership concerns.

★★★ Newbie
Afternoon,
I have concerns regarding the 29.99 origin access charge. My membership expired yesterday and I was charged the full resubscription price. I received no notice that this charge was going to occur and was not given the option to cancel/refund (it’s still in clearing). I spoke with a rep, Prateek, who was extremely helpful and considerate. He explained to me that they are not allowed per policy.

I have not used or taken advantage of this membership for 10 months. I had no interest in renewing this service and as with most subscription (Experian/Baseball America/WSJ) I thought I could at least get a partial refund. This is not the case as there is no refund at all.
I’m disappointed in the policies with EA regarding this. I received no notice of the charge from ea before it was processed and have no refund possible. I’m disappointed in EAs actions toward the customer. I’m requesting this policy be changed and I retroactively provided a refund please.
Message 1 of 2 (337 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA Origin Membership concerns.

EA DICE Team

@DarkHaven07

Hi,

Origin Access is a recurring membership which means that if you don't cancel the membership, it will auto-renew itself. You will have received this notice when first signing up, but seeing this is a year ago I completely understand you may have forgotten.

To cancel your membership, make sure to visit the following page so you won't be charged again the following year:

https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/subscription/index

I've forwarded you further details per private message.

Kind regards,

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (480 Views)

All Replies

Re: EA Origin Membership concerns.

EA DICE Team

@DarkHaven07

Hi,

Origin Access is a recurring membership which means that if you don't cancel the membership, it will auto-renew itself. You will have received this notice when first signing up, but seeing this is a year ago I completely understand you may have forgotten.

To cancel your membership, make sure to visit the following page so you won't be charged again the following year:

https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/subscription/index

I've forwarded you further details per private message.

Kind regards,

Message 2 of 2 (481 Views)