EA Needs to Fix Some Problems

by nelsonpetj

Original Post

EA Needs to Fix Some Problems

★★★ Newbie

This is just my opinion but in my mind Electronic Arts or E.A. for short, needs to change/fix their games and company ideas. The mechanics and the stories of the games are bad. Also I can’t finish a full game ever, not because it is too hard, but because the company has too many DLCs to their games.

Let’s get to the first problem which is the mechanics of the games. The reason why this is a problem is because of the fact that the newer the game is the harder it is to get a sense of the controls. Thankfully it gives you the option of the classic controller from the NHL 94 for NHL 19 (the 94 means the year it came out, so the 1994 style). So I recently compared the two control styles and, my word, it’s insane!! The 94 style has two buttons to push and you move the right joystick to move. The 19 style uses both joysticks. The far one is to move your player you controlled, and the closer joystick is to shoot the puck and with in that you can have different shot types and control where the puck goes. Also ALL and I mean ALL the buttons on the controller are used. Here are some: A means to lift the other person’s stick up; RB is to poke check the puck away from other team; and the LT button is for faster sprint and used for net battles to evade the defending player/team. Long story short, E.A. needs to make the game controls easier. They don’t have to go all the way back to the 94 version but to simpler controller options for games.

Another problem with E.A. is the bad storytelling. The problem with this is because of multiple reasons across multiple games, but I’m going to use two games with a story mode. They are Madden 19 and Star Wars Battlefront 2, released in 2017. Let’s start with Madden 19. Madden 19 continues the storyline from Madden 18. The last game was great. It is about is about this guy name Devin Wade and you get into a show called longshot were he has the chance to get onto a professional football team. But this newer game has problems. For one, there is less gameplay and it’s more like a bad movie sequel no one ask for. Also there is so little connection with the first game that it seems like they’re trying to say it doesn't exist. I had literally seen more cut scenes than actual gameplay. Now we move from the football field to the battle field, Star Wars Battlefront 2. OH BOY WHERE DO I BEGIN?! The back story makes no sense for the main character. We are just shoved into the eyes of a special unit imperial officer. Then we have to escape the ship that we were trapped in. Then we get to see from the point of view of a rebel. There was also a person who joins her side and then in the end of the main storyline they getting married. It all feels really forced (no pun intended).

People actually thought they had the main character in the star wars sequel, Ray. And months after I finished the main storyline the mini-game storyline sequel has them have a baby daughter and do you know what they called this girl character, they called her, drum roll please, druuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun: Zay. Yep, the girl’s name was literally just to make everyone who believed this theory was true get a big metaphorical slap to the face with a character that literally can be Rey with a letter change.

I was really MAD! And not just because this was just a slap to the face to everyone including myself who went with this theory. But it was even harder on me because I had evidence to prove that the main characters in the game are Rey's parents.

But now the main problem: EVERY DLC THERE IS! Wait, before you say, well if it is downloadable why is this an issue? Let me tell you they all cost money. So we have to not only spend $60 to get the game in the first place, why should DLC have to be bought as well? Usually it costs anywhere from  $25 to $90 just to get the DLC. So I just don’t finish games because I don’t want to spend money on the DLC. And I’m not alone on this. I know many people who say they just don’t finish the game because they have to buy the DLC and it’s just a waste of money to finish a single game that will not change the story at all really. Now I’m not against having a DLC requested for stuff that they didn’t think of until people ask, but when there is a DLC like every other month it starts to get old, and costly.

E.A does make decent games. For example  the original Battlefront game which has less “heroes and villains” than the later Battlefront version. This gives more equal playing field for almost all players who have enough skill to win. However,  E.A. needs to be fixing there games sooner rather than later. From bad storytelling, overly complex game mechanics, to, finally, the over-the-top amount of DLC.

Message 1 of 4 (347 Views)

Re: EA Needs to Fix Some Problems

★★★ Newbie
I think you are absolutely correct. I think that EA should take action on this immediately.
Message 2 of 4 (294 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @nelsonpetj, just so you know you are replying to yourself in this thread. Standard smile

We welcome all constructive feedback and are happy to pass it on to the team.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 4 (279 Views)

★★★ Newbie
You speak the truth
Message 4 of 4 (276 Views)