EA - I am also noticing bad audio!

by xpl0its

Original Post

EA - I am also noticing bad audio!

★★★★★ Guide

I made this reply to someone's post, that I too do notice audio issues with Apex:

==========================================================

Funny I start seeing mention of Audio issues, right when I start looking at headsets, which I purchased several.

Razer Kraken Pro V2 - Audio has more mid range, less treble tone.

Razer Kraken 2019 - Audio has more treble and compressed tones.

HyperX Cloud 2 - Audio has more treble and compressed tones - 7.1 is really bad, and very compressed!

HyperX Alpha Pro - Audio has less treble and compressed tones, but it's more noticeable when compared to the Razer Kraken Pro V2

Steelseries arctis 7 - Somewhat a bit treble and compressed, but I assume a lot of people might not notice it.

Logitech G432 - Slight treble range and compressed

RESULTS!

After playing the game on 6 different headsets, I think I can say without a doubt I see an Audio Issue, where tones come across with more Treble & Compressed in Apex. I also played COD Warzone to make a comparison and I did not notice the Treble and Compressed tones in Warzone.

Apex clearly has audio issues that need upgrading for better quality!

P.S. After using all these headsets, I stuck with the HyperX Alpha Pro, they are nice, but it did take a little getting use to the slight treble and slight compression, but after playing several games, I don't notice it now.

Message 1 of 12 (804 Views)

Re: EA - I am also noticing bad audio!

★★★★★ Expert
@xpl0its If you’re not dependent on communicating I’d say just use ‘normal’ ear/headphones. Alot more audio for a lesser price. 100 bucks beats high end headset easily if you buy a decent brand. I should know, I own several of all three categories.
Message 2 of 12 (759 Views)

Champion

@Koochi-Q  On the aforementioned OP i stated i was using razer kraken tournament editions, gotta say they're vastly superior to the headset i had before. 

I think whether you invest or  not should be based more on the frequency with which you'll use them lol. Tongue out 

I agree 100 bucks is gonna be a complete waste if you're a casual game or playing very few sound/communication orientated games.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 12 (726 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@MandatoryIDtag True true. That’s why I said if he doesn’t play often while communicating. I know I never communicate when playing the game, so if I just buy some bose ear/headphones, I’d be more than happy. Cause as soon as I finish gaming, I can just unplug them and use them on my phone.

If you want a cleaner sound, buy an amp compatible with the console, plug that into the S/PDIF socket, plug the ear/headphones in the ‘mobile’ socket and enjoy enhanced sound.

That’s still better sound than a 200-300 pair of headphones in most cases and costs less... (unless you get the amp xD in that case you’re likely at the same price point, BUT with better sound)
Message 4 of 12 (713 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I understand what everyone is saying.

I come from an IT background, I see a difference in Audio quality in the game, there tends to be a higher treble range in sound, along with a slight bit of compression.

I think for most people this might not be noticeable.

I personally went back and used a Clonezilla backup of my system, then uninstalled the game and origin, and Asus had an update for newer Realtek drivers  which I installed, after going through all of this, I was able to achieve a better balance of sound.

But I do notice that the game is really picky when it comes to trying to add in Audio effects, like 7.1, or other gaming effects, reverb, eq settings, etc., it's not very forgiving.

I happen to be an extreme PC Geek, and I'm also an extreme gamer, I built my box, I have a Dual Boot Box; Slackware 14.2 x86_64 & Windows 10 LTSC Enterprise.

I use to game for many years in Linux too, and also using a lot of gaming emulators like Dolphin Emulator in Linux.

PCs and Gaming is my world, I'm a Junkie for it, and I probably play Apex on average 40 hours a week and possibly even higher, I'm also in the Winter Clan, so good headsets, communication, etc. are a must!

I am sticking to the HyperX line of computer peripherals, they are really great! I happen to also use, just in case anyone is reading this, the HyperX Alloy FPS 87 Key keyboard, it is amazing;

https://www.hyperxgaming.com/us/keyboards/alloy-fps-mechanical-gaming-keyboard

Later I'm going to get the Pulsefire Raid mouse, because I want a mouse that has a lot of buttons;

https://www.hyperxgaming.com/us/mice/pulsefire-raid-programmable-gaming-mouse

PEACE Standard smile

P.S. Thanks for the replys! STAY SAFE EVERYONE! Standard smile

Message 5 of 12 (676 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@xpl0its Sounds like your main issue is the headphones.

For me audio is literally skipping, the whole middle of quips just disappears. Not talking about volume or such. It skips it.
Message 6 of 12 (649 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@1ronKeys 

Well of course I'm talking about Audio as it relates to using Headsets, which is what any serious gamer, pro or otherwise uses in a FPS game.

The headsets I have been using, all of them have not been considered bad, even by Pro Standards, like the HyperX.

If you Google and research, you will see quite a lot of information online about the lack of quality with audio in Apex, which leads me to believe there is an issue.

For a lack of words, I believe the audio could be improved, to be more Dynamic and Immersive, I find it a bit still on the Treble Compressed side, and lacking some realism, simply put, it needs a bit of a High Fi Fidelity bump, to improve it a little.

P.S. And by the way, there is clearly an audio issue in this game, whether it relates to what we are talking about, well, that's anyone's guess. But in Season 4 many times, I don't even hear the sound of the ring moving across the map, I've turned around many times, to be caught by surprise, seeing it right there behind me moving, with no sound at all...

Message 7 of 12 (606 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@xpl0its quality isn't really the main issue though.

I'm having sounds skip altogether.

Quips that are missing 5 words from the middle of a sentence.

Quips not triggering at all.

I tagged a choke and my legend simply said "choke".

Lol @ wear a headset if serious gamer or pro

"Serious gamer" "pro" 😂😅 sorry, that ish just finishes me. Nothing personal.

Headsets are ultra corny.
Message 8 of 12 (583 Views)

★ Guide

@1ronKeys wrote:
@xpl0itsquality isn't really the main issue though.

I'm having sounds skip altogether.

Quips that are missing 5 words from the middle of a sentence.

Quips not triggering at all.

I tagged a choke and my legend simply said "choke".

Lol @ wear a headset if serious gamer or pro

"Serious gamer" "pro" 😂😅 sorry, that ish just finishes me. Nothing personal.

Headsets are ultra corny.

Yeah skipping happening now a days.  With everything shots,talks, ability's. 

Message 9 of 12 (558 Views)

★★★★ Guide

have you tried the Peace Equalizer? 

Message 10 of 12 (546 Views)